Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:52:52 PM EDT
I know this has been a topic here before but..... I'm ready to put together a .40 caliber conversion and I'm going with an oly upper and socom mag block for the sten mags.  I just need someone to remind me what mods need to be done with the mag.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Ernie says to weld a 3/16 tube to the follower to alter the "stacking" of the 40 in the Sten mag...

I e-mailed him a while back, and he said he would send a few pics, which he has not done yet...  I e-mailed again, asking for maybe a simple sketch on paper and fax it to me here at work, have not seen that  yet either...

I have a Sten fed M11-9, with a 40 upper, and cannot empty a full mag because the stack of ammo will not roll up smoothly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd really appreciate those pictures.  BTW- how many 40's can you stack in a sten mag.  The most I can Get in before my thumb breaks is 19, maybe 20.  It alost looks like they are single stacked all the way down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My experience has been 18-20 of the 40 S&W in the Sten mag...  E-mail a little bit ago said "fax sent", so I went to cashier office, and fax was sitting next to the fax machine.

Ernie' drawing and text mirror that of pics posted here a few month back, fella showed his 40 mags.. I copied the pics to home computer, so just send me an e-mail via the e-mail button, and I'll see if I can blend the pics and text together for you.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top