Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
I have built many AR's, 5.56, 7.62x39, and 6.8, But I have never Built a .45 ACP, and I have a customer that wants one, so any Help, info, or Pic's would be greatly appreciated.

All I Know so far is : OLY Upper that uses Modefied UZI Mags and a standerd lower , or Cav-Arms lower with a block of some kind that uses M3 Grease Gun Mags.

Do they use a standard AR-15 Hammer ?

What would be best ?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Standard Hammer I believe.  We are working on one over on weaponeer.net
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, 90 reads and one post.

Thanks BM59_Fan, I like The BM59 also.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an ar in .45.  It uses modified uzi mags.  I have tried the oly upper on several different lowers just to see if it works and it did so I believe it uses a standard hammer.  Also Hi cap uzi mags are very difficult to come by and very expensive.  Somewhere on this site is a thread that discusses a coversion to Sten mags to work.  I'm working with a machiniest (SP) to come up with some options.  I like using the converted mags  that allows the standard mag release to work.  Send me an email and I'll give you my contact who built this gun, he's a great guy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
E-Mail Sent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
No need to change anything on the lower with the OLY.
Whatca gonna build? You can get a complete rifle from OLY unless you have something special in mind. Magazines are the issue (high capacity) with OLY.  9MM is not a problem and the new model OLY that takes Glock mags in 9 and 40.

Cav Arms is suppose to have a lower that will take Grease gun mags.
I have been toying with the idea of 38 Super or 10MM but have put that on the back burner since high cap mags are a problem. I don't want to tinker.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I am going with a .45 OLY 11.5 Upper, and a Cav-Arms lower, so I can use Grease Gun mags.

Looks like I will need a Heavy bufer, and a mag block from Han.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Cav lower with the Oly upper and it rocks.

The mag block can be had at Brownell's and you need to use Slash's heavy buffer.

Take a look in the Cav forum.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top