Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:35:04 PM EDT
And the worst thing is, I was in the middle of the woods.   I looked for like.. humm at least 45 seconds, then gave up, because hey, its gone.

I noticed that it fell out when NONE of the last 10 rounds I tried to cycle through fired, and none had strikes at all.    So I took it apart and inspected it.  Gone. So I spent 30 seconds and put the .223 bolt carrier back in.. VIOLA.. back in action.

How did this happen? The bolt doenst look like it strips down easily.

What other parts may I be missing?

And most importantly,  where can I get another one? (Firing pin that is.)  

I bought this kit off GUNBROKER, so no chance at a factory warrenty.

Thanks for any INFO.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
When you checked the bolt the firing pin at the front was missing but was the rear of the firing pin (looks like a button on the back of the bolt) still there?

you can see the button on the rear of the Ciener bolt on the left, there is a roll pin right about in the middle of the bolt that holds it all in place and there is a spring inside. If all that is missing is the firing pin that you would normally see at the front of the bolt you just need to replace the firing pin since it has broken on you. This seems to happen enough that some people have made their own pins by modifying AR-15 firing pins. If all the parts listed are missing -- man, you got into some bad carma in the woods. You could try buying a new pin from Ciener (that should be fun) or maybe see if Rick Kuehl still has some parts for the Ciener.

Somebody here on ARFCOM should be able to chime in with a good location to buy the pin -- and you might want to get an extra roll pin and maybe a firing pin spring. Those parts like to fly off into space when you least expect it when you're working on the bolt!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got an order of stuff from Ciener last week.  Download his price sheet, send a check or MO for the amount (good time to order spare parts and mags), and two weeks later you have your stuff.  At least mine was two weeks.  No fuss, no muss.  Sounds like a lot of folks do have problems with the firing pin breaking, so a spare spare is probably in order.

Craig

eta: I am kinda wondering if the firing pin breakage is due to dry firing.  As yours is used, you have no way to know the history, but I am gonna try and minimize my dry firing to see how well my new kit holds up.  I have quite a few thousand rounds through an older kit, and no problems yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]
www.22lrconversions.com

I sent him a Money Order for a couple of spare parts (receiver plate and auto trip) and about 10 days later the parts arrived with no problem.  Just don't call him....

I believe  www.kuehlprecisionfirearms.com   still has a few spare parts available as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate the man, Jonathan Ciener.  He is an asshole.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top