Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2005 3:12:33 AM EDT
Has anyone else ever had any experience with the “customer service” that is provided by  Jonathan Arthur Ciener Inc., the .22 conversion kit company??

After the ban expired, I purchased a new 30-round magazine for my AR .22 conversion kit directly from the Ciener company.  I have had the kit for years and it works great but I don’t use it very often.  The 30-round mag wasn’t cheap, $60 plus $10 shipping.  Well the new magazine never did work properly, it would hardly fit into the mag wells of any of my 3 AR lowers and it would never feed more than 2 rounds at a time before jamming.  I hardly ever use the kit so it was several months before I got around to sending it back the company.  The company advertises a one year warranty at their website.

A week later I get a package from the Ciener company via UPS with a $45 COD fee, payable by money order only.  The Ciener company never tried to contact me prior to sending back the magazine and I had included contact information along with the mag when I sent it in (my email address and phone #).  

Of course I returned the mag to the company.  I simply refuse to pay $45 for a WARRANTY repair of an item that cost me $70.  So now I am out a $70 mag plus the $5 I spent to ship it in for warranty repair.    

Has anyone else with a Ciener .22 kit ever had this kind of experience with the Ciener company??  If you have one of their kits I wouldn’t recommend trying to get any warranty repair work performed by them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyone has bad experiences with Ciener.  Check around.  That's why I won't buy one, and am just waiting for someone else to come out with a kit that accepts a hi-cap.

I don't mean to hit you while you're down, but seriously, everyone bitches about Ciener's attitude towards customers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Jon Ciener is a total asshole with no regard, nor respect, for his customers.  From what I understand, he treats his employees terribly too.  My experience with him was terrible.  I needed a spring.  He told me that it would cost $2.50.  Then, he stated that it would be an additional $10 to mail it to me.  When I remarked about that seeming awfully high, he screamed "Then you don't get the part" and slammed the phone down hard enough that it set my ears ringing.  I will never spend any money with him, ever.  Jonathan Arthur Ciener is a total asshole, and I urge all fellow gun owners to boycott him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You're lucky you didnt have to talk to him directly.

I have a similar issue in that I bought one 2 years ago, never worked past 2-3 rounds, just like yours. Got sick of it, and put it away, got busy with new baby, no money to shoot etc. Took it out recently and tried in in my new AR. Same problems. Read a lot on ARFCOM about adjustments, springs, tweaks that might fix the problem. Those didnt work. Called Ceiner to see if THEY had any tweaks or changes to the system that might help. Mr. Ceiner answered the phone.
He was the rudest nastiest person, that is selling his goods, that I have EVER dealt with. He insulted me, harassed me for not sending it back when it was under warrantly and was incredibly nasty. He took extreme offense by me simply asking if there were new springs or tweaks to his system since I bought mine a few years back. He insisted the system was perfect, asked if I was using the propers ammo, I was, and after a few minutes of berating, hung up on me.
I plan to unload it at a gun show soon, or maybe trade it for something. I may try the heavier springs first. They dont cost much and I hear they fix the jam problem.
Not sure it will though, cuz when mine james, it bends the bullet in the casing.
Took some pics of the rounds and planned to send them to ceiner, but decided he wasnt even worth the $.37.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the typical attitude from JAC and a female employee the two times I called.  I won't be sending him anymore money.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the same kind of crap as above when I sent them my money and then began a NINE WEEK wait for a Browning Hipower kit that they advertised as ready-to-ship. You don't want to talk to these people on the phone and I don't believe they answer their emails. I have two of their pistol conversions and fortunately both work very well indeed and have never needed any work or fixes. I can't believe they don't have the FTC, BBB, USPS etc up their ass the way they treat their customers.

Believe it or not, though, I'm actually thinking of buying another one of their .45 conversions, that's how much I like and enjoy the thing.

For AR, though, I'll stick with my M261.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Snake...I'll sell you mine.  Comes with 3 mags.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
On that ote, is there anything new with the DPMS hi-cap or is this just a rumor still?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Snake...I'll sell you mine.  Comes with 3 mags.  

Email sent.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Just came on this thread because I remember JA from years ago when I was doing the class 3 thing. To meet him was to dislike him. He is an egotistical ASS. BTW, his suppressors were not even close to AWC or others of the era. Just had to throw in my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 for assclown.

When I was having trouble with my Glock conversion, I was sorely tempted to pinch a stinkpickle in a box and send it to him with no return address.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#12]
He is a turd. Called to ask a question once and the guy was a total jerk.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#13]
People have been bitching about this guy for over 25 years.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#14]
and for 20 yrs I thought it was just me,the one time I talked to him,

,,guess I was right,,

what an arsehole

how do people like this stay in business????????
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been trying to get through to someone at Ciener for two weeks now.  He has this STOOPID rule about not calling anyone back.  What a

TS
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#16]
I have friends that owned a gunstore that used to prank him while we all listened on the speaker phone.

Asked him stuff that you know would set him off..dicked around with him

Classic.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top