Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:06:23 PM EDT
From all the reading I've done on this site, it looks as though the only way I can build a 45 AR is to go the OLY route and have funky mags or go with a Cav lower and have no telescoping buttstock? If this is correct I guess I better build a 9mm as I can't deal with the funky Oly mags or the funky Cav lower. It just seems there should be some way to build a 45acp and have a magwell adabpter so I could use grease gun mags or some other 45 mag. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be the first in a long line of ARFCOMers that will let you know that Cav is supposed to be making a forged aluminum lower that will allow you to use any AR15 stock you wish. We are all anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
BTW I put an .45acp Oly upper on my DPMS lower, and use the "funky" Oly blocked mags. They work great. I found high cap uzi mags at a gun show cheap and I'm having an ARFCOMer modify them for me, and will enjoy playing with those until the Cav aluminum lower comes in.
But hell, go with the wimpy 9mm if you want to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I read the same things 8 + months ago when I wanted a .45 cal.  I went with a 40 cal Oly.  I already have the glock and the glock mags.  Not 45, but it seems like a good compromise....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Cav arms will be building an aluminum lower! I read the other thread. That sounds promising. I can get the 9mm now so in the tradition of ARFCom... I guess I should build both!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Somewhere on this site, there was a thread that someone  that converted sten mags to work in the .45.  I have an oly .45 upper and I'm having quite a time finding hi cap uzi mags to convert so I'm going to try to convert a sten mag just for kicks.  If it does work, the sten mags a certianly less expensive.  Kenhippie.gif
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top