Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:38:31 AM EDT
Would like to have a 9mm rifle but don't know which to have.  Could build the AR for about 600 or buy a Bobcat rifle for about 1100.  I have heard that both rifles have had problems.  Just worried that I would be wasting my money.  Your opinions on these weapons.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Do not get a Bobcat.  Build yourself a 9mm AR.  Go to the "Rimfire and Pistol Caliber Forum", http://ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=15.   You'll get more responses there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I have a problem with posting questions, and not searching for the right forum. Think I will go with the AR.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a 9mm AR.  They are a hell of a lot of fun.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
9MM AR.  You will be familar with the weapon and it will be easier to train with.  Bobcat has had mixed reveiws.  I do not think they are worth the risk.

Max
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#5]
i have a colt 6450 on the way
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both. A SW5FS that I SBRed and a 9mm upper on my M-16. Both are a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]
My next rifle is going to be a 9mm AR. SBR it eventually.

10$ for 100 rounds of decent ammo....can't be that. Easy to find as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a Colt 6450 and a Speshul Wepunz SW5 (early one with cast receiver).  I may been lucky and had an SW5 that functioned all the time, but I found the SW5 better as far as accuracy, perceived recoil, and overall ergonomics.  The only bad thing was the lack of last-round bolt hold-open on the SW5.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#9]
For the money and fun I must suggest an AR-9mm I really like mine. I must admit that I would trade mine for a "true HK-94" (the only reason I would trade is because I could buy another AR cheaper that the HK)but seeing how I have under $900 in mine, parts are cheap and easy to find... not to mention I can work on the ar myself, and the price difference of the other $2000 or so between mine and the HK. It was an easy choice. I have an RRA upper and a suppressed upper waiting on the form 4 and still have less that what the 94 would cost I very happy. Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong with the AR and you'll have money for ammo leftover, even over the BW-5.  http://adcofirearms.com are great people to deal with I bought my RRA upper from them. The other great thing about the AR is that you could go with a VM- hi-tech magwell conversion and use IMI UZI mags (make sure you use the right one ... but when you do they work great!) then it is really easy to switch to 223 or 22lr or any other upper you would like. you really can't do that with the BW-5
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Both suck.......not fun at all..........terrible weapons......oh wait a minute...

nevermind........
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
hello,

i own both, both are fun, my bobcat is an awsome shooter. if you ever wanted an mp5 and dont want to spend 5 grand thisis the way to go. fit and finish is awsome,accuracy is unbelievable. you can always build a 9mm ar, who knows  how long they will produce the bw5. ask owners not wanters. i hope this helped you out. i looked at all of the clones, stay awat from hess. sw . yes bobcat uses sw parts but the weapons are assembeled under better quality control. also the atf is going to restrict parts kits so by fall the prices are probably going to be going up ,like the ak kits are almost gone.also if you get a bw5 use only curved mags. pof or hk only.will save you alot of trouble.

regards
eric
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My next rifle is going to be a 9mm AR. SBR it eventually.

10$ for 100 rounds of decent ammo....can't be that. Easy to find as well.

MIWALL factory reloads  1,000rds for $80. Purchased about 8 cases over the years... "decent" accuracy and quality.

Rebel Sharpshooter
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Get a 9mm AR.  They are a hell of a lot of fun.

Vulcan94

Big +1
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top