Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:42:51 PM EDT
Hey

Have any of you used the Oly-arms 22lr or 17mk2 upper/sleeve? I would appreciate any feedback. This seems like a good way to have both a 17mk2 and 22lr upper for a decent price.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have looked into it some but have not found anybody with experience in the product.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I really can  not believe that out of everyone on this board ... I haven't seen them mentions much at all. Is there a reason behind the lack of feedback about this upper? I would have thought at least a couple of members would have tried them, but I guess not. looks like I'll be leaning toward the CZ v-22
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I just purchased one of the OLY 2217 partner upper with both barrel inserts.   I have just finished builing the lower and should be able to test it this weekend.  The barrel inserts fit very snug in the barrel.  I will let you know what my experience is but it may be a few weeks before I get a lot of shooting in as it is close to football season.

I wish I could come up with a higher capacity mag for this unit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just purchased one of the OLY 2217 partner upper with both barrel inserts.   I have just finished builing the lower and should be able to test it this weekend.  The barrel inserts fit very snug in the barrel.  I will let you know what my experience is but it may be a few weeks before I get a lot of shooting in as it is close to football season.

I wish I could come up with a higher capacity mag for this unit.

I believe Oly uses an M261 type setup for their 2217 partner upper. I built something similar and wanted a hi-cap mag also.
This is what I started with;

and this is what I did for a hi-cap mag;

I took the actual magazine out of a 22lr AK-47 trainer magazine that I bought for $15. I adapted it to a junk AR magazine shell -- it holds 20 rounds. I also modified a Ciener 30 round magazine to work with the M261 but due to their cost I won't be doing any more. The magazine on the left is a GI mag with the M261 insert stuffed in it.

This is the modified 30 round Ciener mag -- notice how far forward the mag is moved and the added feed ramp.

This is the modified Ciener 30 round mag in my carbine with the M261 unit.

If you're a little handy with a dremel and epoxy you can build your own hi-cap mags -- the real problem is finding the magazine part like I did. If you happen to locate some of those mags that look like the ciener mags and are a fare price please let me know!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys for the info, Bagguy let me know how well it works.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top