Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 9:52:54 AM EDT
How many people would be interested in a front DOE sight? Thinking about making a batch. Thanks

http://doesight.blogspot.com/
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the front sight with the wierd hand/blast shield plate in front of it?
I need to find a picture to see if its the same thing your talking about.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes but I want to make it to original specs. I know TSC makes them but they appear to
have a .75" barrel not .625" which is the original size.    
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't want one, I need one.  If it's made to original specs then I'd definately buy one.  The hand protector on the one TSC makes doesn't seem to come out as far as the original, or maybe it's the size of the FF rail that's throwing me off.  Gimme, gimme, gimme!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
What? No other replies?  Todd, maybe you should put up a pic or link so that people know what you're talking about.  I'm sure that if people saw a picture they'd start drooling on themselves (my shirt is soaked just thinking about it).

633 upper:www.autoweapons.com/photosn/photosnov04/coltdeaup.html
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
id like to see an exact copy made
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
id like to see an exact copy made

+ 1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have an approximate price point you would be shooting for?  Mark
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I will have to get going on it.
   If you are serious email me at    [email protected]
I do not want money in advance
and am not guaranteeing that I will
produce them.
Thanks Tod
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Todd55's picture
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
the pic at the botom is diferent than the 633 on the autowepons site.  i like the pic at  the bottom though.  todd is that your own design? the original did not look to have a fold down front site.  that would be cool though.  where would we get some nifty handles at?  total silence has the retro triangular car ones.  im thinking this with a fake can [since i dont have a sbr]  i need one though with all these cool old retro builds.  im doing a gau5a/a.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I might be interested if the price was not too far out there. Any thoughts on the handguard issue?

Stickfam
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the pic at the botom is diferent than the 633 on the autowepons site.  i like the pic at  the bottom though.  todd is that your own design? the original did not look to have a fold down front site.  that would be cool though.  where would we get some nifty handles at?  total silence has the retro triangular car ones.  im thinking this with a fake can [since i dont have a sbr]  i need one though with all these cool old retro builds.  im doing a gau5a/a.  

The one on the Autoweapons site might be an early model or prototype.  All the 633 DOE uppers I've ever seen have the folding front sight.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Machinehead, I didn't realize that it didn't fold until you said something.  I had to go back for a second look and ,what do you know, it looks like it doesn't fold.  I've never seen a DOE sight like that one before.  The site does say that it's an early model.  Below is another link of a 633 with the folding sight, which is identical to Tod55's.  I just gotta have that folding sight, so common boys, hit Tod up with an e-mail and let's get the ball rolling on this.  We can start our own 9mm retro craze.

www.autoweapons.com/photosv/coltnewdeaupper.html
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:19:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#16]
This is my DOE upper. I don't know why others appear different. Tod
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#17]
So ?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top