Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2005 5:57:44 PM EDT
Did Colt ever make one for 9mm?? If so, what are they worth??
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only ever seen A1's.  The only difference between the 9mm and 223 recievers is the gas tube hole.  Even now, the 9mm SMGs from Colt are A1's.

Colt
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've only ever seen A1's.  The only difference between the 9mm and 223 recievers is the gas tube hole.  Even now, the 9mm SMGs from Colt are A1's.

Colt

Not just the gas tube hole is missing but the F/A and brass deflector are missing also. The reason I ask is that I have one of these and I can't find any others for sale. It has C MB on the rear site and is black in color.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Right, it is basically a slab sided SP1 upper without the gas tube hole.  When building a 9mm AR, the gas hole isn't really important.  Using a 223 upper is no big deal.

If you have an A1 Colt 9mm upper, it might be worth a few extra dollars but hard to sell since 223 users can't buy it.  It would be worth more to someone trying to build a historically correct 9mm SMG.  I personally own a Colt SMG barrel but use it on a specially made flat top receiver because of its advantages with optics over the A1 or A2.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top