Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 4:13:52 AM EDT
Is anyone using a standard carbine buffer or an H buffer in their 9mm AR, and if so, how well has it been shooting?
Also, how much extra weight does a tungston bolt insert add to the bolt over the standard steel insert?
I'm working on a project and need some feed back before I progress.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#1]
From an A2 stock user, the minumum I would go with the 9mm is the 3.8oz  "H" buffer, but the "9mm" buffer would dupilcate that of the std rifle buffer.  I personally have my rifle buffer weighted to 7.0oz, as I use a suppressor, and the delay in cycle helps reduce the amount of trash I get out the eject port.

Only in full-auto doe weight really make the world of difference, as weight is used to slow the cyclic firing rate.

Remember ---  CAR style buffers in the CAR tube, and  rifle buffer in a rifle tube.. do not swap, you'll break something.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:15:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Good information, thanks.

I test fired my project prototype and it ran great.  Now I need to do some refining so I have an other question.
How long is the Bushmaster carbon 15 buffer tube?

From what I have read the new tubes fall somewhere between the AR pistol tubes Model 1 sales used to make and I think Gunsmoke still does, and a carbine length tube.

Could someone please measure theirs.  I need to know overall length and how much sticks out the back when mounted.

Also, does anyone else make buffer tubes shorter then a carbine tube?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top