Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 4:06:46 PM EDT
Anyone using the SNS mag blocks for an oly using modified sten mags?  If so how do you like it?  Mags fit ok drop free ok etc.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search. There was a thread on this mag block with BIG pics posted less than 30 days ago.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the SNS mag block for the Oly setup.  I like it because it makes it look like a Colt style and you can use the mag release button.

On mine the mag does not do a drop.  I don't know if that is standard but it's that way on mine at least.

I would give SNS a thumbs up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Matt b, i did search but the big picture thread you refer to was using differnt mags than the stens and did not answer my questions.

Lakemoor, thank you for your feedback.  That is the type of info im looking for.  Did you send the mags to them to be notched or did you do it yourself?

thanks

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember... STEN mags vary in dimesnions quite a bit... some are loose.... some are tight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Where do you get the SNS 9mm Mag-Blocks?

Someone please let me know.  I like the idea of being able to use the mag release.

Thanks,
Chief
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where do you get the SNS 9mm Mag-Blocks?

Someone please let me know.  I like the idea of being able to use the mag release.

Thanks,
Chief

At the bottom.
www.snsindustries.com/page4.html

And becuase my thread got sent prematurely to the archive server, here are some pictures from it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lakemoor, thank you for your feedback.  That is the type of info im looking for.  Did you send the mags to them to be notched or did you do it yourself?

thanks

I sent them in because I had no idea what was needed.  Now that I have 5, I could break out my trusty Dremel and do it myself.  I had to adjust some holes so that it would work.  They were a hair off.  

Once I knew they would function I sandblasted them and painted in Duracoat.  I used too much hardner so they were a little too shiney but tough as nails.  

Sorry for the late response.  I got AK kits that I'm working on
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top