Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2005 12:55:08 AM EDT
well i have finally decided to get a 9mm ar  and it so happens that there is a gunshop nearby with a new le6450 for sale.

the question i have is what acc. does it come with?

how many mags does it come with and what round count?

the rifle is a 16", a1 upper w/fa, waffle style buttstock.

would like to know if they swapped anything out cause the rifle is on display out of the box.

also are there any markings on the mags or what not that i should look for when inspecting the mags to make sure they are acutally colt?

i have a hard time trusting some of the local gunshops so i would like to go in knowing what to look for so i dont get bent over.

thanks for any help you guys and offer!
they have the rifle at a pretty decent price and the only ones in town that has one in stock.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
should come with 2 32 rd mags, sling, cleaning kit, manual
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Factory Colt 9mm guns do not have Forward Assist,  www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976595169.htm

My reccomendations would be to fine an early Colt 9mm gun before sear blocks and non std. fire control pins, so that when you hit the local lottery and buy a RDIA conversion for your gun your gun will be ready for the drop in.

the one i saw did not look like it had a sear block(no extra pins that i remember) and the link you have doesnt say anything about the fa, also says in the description that it is an a2 upper when it looks like an a1
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
should come with 2 32 rd mags, sling, cleaning kit, manual

what i needed to know, the link above stated either (2) 32 or 20.

which are worth more 32rd or 20??
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]
bump for any other answers
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
which are worth more 32rd or 20??

In general, 20 rounders are worth more because they are no longer being made. Some folks prefer the lower profile and the older 20 rounders will have metal followers.

I bought a couple of 20 rounders just because they make sighting in the rifle much easier but I prefer the 32 rounders because I like having more rounds per reload.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
32 rounders are surprising short in OAL for a 32 rounder, posted some pics of some I got off EE

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=243371
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
32 rounders are surprising short in OAL for a 32 rounder, posted some pics of some I got off EE

Agreed but the 20 rounders are even shorter. There is no debating that fact.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed but the 20 rounders are even shorter. There is no debating that fact.

true
thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I would say 32's are more valuable.
That being said I really like the 20's for shooting off the bench though.

For expelling ordnance in large volumes the 32's are the way to go.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
well i tried to get the shop to hold it for me with a hefty down payment(about 90% of it) and they refused and when went back today it was sold.

now i have to find one elsewhere, not too thrilled about ordering one online but hey if anyone knows of a good dealer than please let me know.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#12]
have one pending deal with a member here

will post pics and what not when it gets here.

also what spare parts are good to have on hand?

thanks for all the help guys.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I have a couple on order from SteyrAug been waiting all year almost.  Since the order I read that the 6450 bolt catch is prone to breaking and the solution is to replace the buffer with a heavier and longer one, which by the way Slash has made.  So I got a buffer from Slash, looks great, still no 6450 yet.  Other than that I haven't heard of any other spare parts to get.  I loaned the buffer to a buddy that has a Sporter Lightweight in 9mm after I told him I got a 6450 on order and told him I got the buffer as well, he asked what's the buffer for? I explained the bolt catch thing breaking and he showed me two busted bolt catches he broke over the years.  I became a believer.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:01:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a couple on order from SteyrAug been waiting all year almost.  Since the order I read that the 6450 bolt catch is prone to breaking and the solution is to replace the buffer with a heavier and longer one, which by the way Slash has made.  So I got a buffer from Slash, looks great, still no 6450 yet.  Other than that I haven't heard of any other spare parts to get.  I loaned the buffer to a buddy that has a Sporter Lightweight in 9mm after I told him I got a 6450 on order and told him I got the buffer as well, he asked what's the buffer for? I explained the bolt catch thing breaking and he showed me two busted bolt catches he broke over the years.  I became a believer.

well, i plan on using the mgi rate reducing buffer in the rifle so i think that would take care of that problem.

but will get some just in case, is the firing pin the same as the ar15?

ejectors and what not replacable?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Post Pics.

Max
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:44:02 AM EDT
[#16]
will post pics when it gets here
just ordered some mags for its arrival
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#17]
going to go pick it up from my ffl dealer in a few hours

got it

sorry for the little pics but it seems someone must have changed the settings on the camera and i didnt find out till now.

kinda disappointed in the overall finish of this nib rifle. anodizing rubbed off here and there and it only came with one mag.

sent the seller an email about the mag issue and hopefully it will get sorted out, as for the finish its alright since this will be a shooter and not a safe queen but i would have liked putting them there myself.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#18]
now with pics
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/eklikewhoa/6450/IMG_0484.jpg

You change out the pistol grip?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/eklikewhoa/6450/IMG_0484.jpg

You change out the pistol grip?

yeah, i love the way the samco grip is and have it on all my rifles so i decided to get it for this one too.

i also have the mgi rate reducing buffer for it too. have that in all my other rifles too and it has been nothing but good to me so i threw one in the 6450 too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#21]
sweetness.

when are we gonna shoot it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
sweetness.

when are we gonna shoot it?

gonna try and go this coming saturday to top gun, where controlled rapid fire is allowed

your welcome to join
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#23]

it only came with one mag

If you bought it new, it definitely should have come with two mags.  If you bought it used, buyer beware.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If you bought it new, it definitely should have come with two mags.  If you bought it used, buyer beware.

it was suppose to be nib and he sent me a link to clyde armory which also stated it only comes with one mag which is where he said he got it from.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

the 6450's came with either one 32 rounder, or two 20 rounders..

Mine came with one 32, and I cut the tape on the box when I got home, so it was 100% NIB..
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#26]
My 6450 from Clyde Armory came with 2 32s.

Maybe it just depends upon what the packer stuck in the bag?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#27]
You'll love it..but DO get Slash's buffer.  The MGI does not shorten the stroke like the one QuietShootr designed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the 6450's came with either one 32 rounder, or two 20 rounders..

Mine came with one 32, and I cut the tape on the box when I got home, so it was 100% NIB..

well i guess some are just luckier than others, me being one of those others
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:39:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You'll love it..but DO get Slash's buffer.  The MGI does not shorten the stroke like the one QuietShootr designed.

well i have heard great results about the mgi in the 9mm and since i already got it then im gonna give a run.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok I missed it. What is it about changing buffers? How does it help?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ok I missed it. What is it about changing buffers? How does it help?

lessens recoil, slows down cycle rate, and other stuff

here's a link debating the two hard hitters of the market
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#32]
went to shoot it today!

brought 900rds of winchester wallyworld 100rd bulk packs to the range.

using the mgi rate reducing buffer double taps and follow up shots were amazing!!!!!

started to rain and i was able to see the bullet hit the rain drops since there was no muzzle rise and sight picture stayed dead on through the whole day!

after the first mag i thought to myself, why the hell didnt i ever purchase one before!!!!!!

dead on right out the box at 25yds.  each mag would punch out the center ring of the targets! with 32rders.
only complaint is my thumbs are rubbed raw from loading 900rds and the mag that came with the rifle would not hold bolt open on the last round, think ill just throw a wolf + spring in there and see if that helps.

dont have pics since i didnt think about it and was only thinking about shooting this thing.

im hooked!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#33]
sweet !!!..we need more pics now !!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#34]
some new pics/gear

just installed a compact acog ta47r2 that i got from [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#36]
looks great man i hope that i can get me one soon i want one sooo bad lol

Adam
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I've been thinking about buying a 6450 for awhile & found a NIB one on EE for a good price.  Since I just dropped a bunch of cash on a Walther TPH & a Colt Gunsite 1911, I passed.  But then I was so weak after  reading this thread, couldn't help it - bought the one off the EE.  Damn it!

"You'll love it..but DO get Slash's buffer. The MGI does not shorten the stroke like the one QuietShootr designed."

After reading about bolt stop breakage, I think a different buffer is in order.  Anyone have anymore info on the one mentioned above?  Where can I get one of these?

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I've been thinking about buying a 6450 for awhile & found a NIB one on EE for a good price.  Since I just dropped a bunch of cash on a Walther TPH & a Colt Gunsite 1911, I passed.  But then I was so weak after  reading this thread, couldn't help it - bought the one off the EE.  Damn it!

"You'll love it..but DO get Slash's buffer. The MGI does not shorten the stroke like the one QuietShootr designed."

After reading about bolt stop breakage, I think a different buffer is in order.  Anyone have anymore info on the one mentioned above?  Where can I get one of these?

would also like to know where to find slash's buffer, tried searching it but couldnt find it.

the performance with the mgi buffer in the 9mm carbine is great! i love it so far and havent had any problems. the mgi has been good to me in all of my other rifles so im going to stick with it till the problem arises
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Would also like to know where to find Slash's buffer, tried searching it but couldnt find it.

See link below.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#41]
with about 3k down the tube now i have to say this thing is the shizznit!

fun as hell to shoot and with the mgi rate reducing buffer it makes it a dream to shoot. got some 20's from M4CARBINE and those are great too! there is a noticeable weight difference when shooting with a 32rd mag and a 20rd mag.

also like to bring up that one of my 32rd mags now only load 30 and the 20's i got to hold 23 took the 32rd mag apart and cant see anything wrong with them unless the magsprings are suppose to face a certain way.

well just wanted to thank everyone for their help along the way and for giving that extra push to getting the 9mm

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top