Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2005 7:56:13 AM EDT
Does anybody have one of these new Hahn sten blocks? Can you show some pics in your AR?

It looks good in the picture -- like it doesn't stick out the bottom of the magwell. In the Brownells catalog it says it drops in from the top and won't fall out if the standard magcatch release is hit by mistake.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Hahn block in my 45 setup.  Looks the same as you showed, and it also fits in the top of the magwell.  I have a Cav Arms lower that takes grease gun mags, looks the same as an AR with Sten mags.

The only visible part is the mag release at the bottom.  Designed much better than my Sten block.  Holds the grease gun mags very secure, I would assume the same for the 9mm setup with Sten mags.

I'll see if I can get a picture worked out later, or you can IM me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
They were just released so not many people have experience with them.  The Grease Gun adapter shown in the picture has gotten around a bit, look in the Cav Arms section in the Industry section.

They both are impossible to fall out even if you press the mag release on the side.  The Sten does NOT work with the CAV15 lower.
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 1:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Does anybody have one of these new Hahn sten blocks? Can you show some pics in your AR?
img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/877429/newHahnstenblock.jpg
It looks good in the picture -- like it doesn't stick out the bottom of the magwell. In the Brownells catalog it says it drops in from the top and won't fall out if the standard magcatch release is hit by mistake.

mine should be arriving by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, i got mine in the mail today. it is beautifully machined and fits into the reciever very well. i had to modify the back of the mag just a bit so that the mag catch could engage 100% of the time. the tolerances on sten mags are not so good so the position back mag catch hole varies greatly from mag to mag
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good..... for another re-invention of the wheel per se.   Doesn't SOCOM and KKF make this style mag block as well?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks good..... for another re-invention of the wheel per se.   Doesn't SOCOM and KKF make this style mag block as well?  

......same could be said of AR15 manufacturers.....per se.  Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, Cavalry Arms, Olympic, Ameetec, American Spirit, DPMS, Eagle, DSC, Leitner-Wise, etc, etc, etc.
Link Posted: 5/1/2005 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

SOCOM/KKF drosp out if the normal mag release is pressed.  The mag release lever on SOCOM/KKF is longer.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2005 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]
ok, i tried mine out this weekend and it works great. because of its design it is impossible to accidently drop out the adapter with the mag. its well worth the money and it is far superior to all the other designs that i have tried so far.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got my Hahn mag block today.  It fits in the mag well snug and cannot come out of the bottom of it.  Once the mag is inserted it is secure, but there is a lot of play between the mag and the rest of the mag well.  I will take it out this weekend and see how it shoots.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:39:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just got my Hahn mag block today.  It fits in the mag well snug and cannot come out of the bottom of it.  Once the mag is inserted it is secure, but there is a lot of play between the mag and the rest of the mag well.  I will take it out this weekend and see how it shoots.  

how do you plan on taking the play out?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Blowstuffup-I think I might try black electrical tape, I used it on my mags that I got from Olympic and it worked pretty well.  Is there a lot of play with the mags you are using?  Have you tried either the SOCOM block or the one from Kurt's Custom Firearms?  If you have, did the mags have a lot of play?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#13]
They should work fine if they are a little loose.  Unfortunately because of the wide dimensional differences in Sten magazines it is not feasible to have a tight fit between magazine and well.  What would be a nice fit for some magazines would be a "no go" for the rest of them.  Having a Mil-Spec magwell helps.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#14]
where did u guys order it from ?
any pictures of it installed ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Err, pardon my ignorance.

I got a M16 with 9mm Talon upper using Colt mags and a hahn mag block.  but I HATE Colt mags ( or converted Uzi mags for that matter).  

I also have a ton of Sten mags for the M11.  And some 50 rd Lanchesters too.  I would love to run the M16 using the Sten mags.  I know I won't get last round hold open but I don't care.  

Will this work with a Colt M16 reciever?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:24:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I ordered my block from Brownells.  I quess this block would work in a M-16 lower receiver if you used an Olympic upper.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top