Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2005 3:54:09 PM EDT
The more I'm reading the more I'm finding out that it would behoove me to be able to use sten mags with this one.  So could anyone recommend a removable ( no pins ) mag block for use with sten mags.  By the way this is being built on a RRA striped lower.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe mine is a SOCOM block that I use with Sten mags.  I have all the blocks, so please double check me on this.  You can't beat Stens for about $6 each.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I found some locally in my area for 3 each.  I want to make sure that my build will be able to use sten mags just because there so cheap.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Kurts Kustom mag block and never had any problems.  I actually like it better than the SOCOM block.  Not to knock the SOCOM block because alot of my friends have them and exterienced no issues, but the Kurts Kustom fits flush in the mag well with only the paddle mag release showing.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Darkmind...... which style 9mm upper are you planning on using?  Oly or Colt?  Im surprised the others didn't ask that first, I think they assumed you were gonna be using Oly becasue you mentioned Sten mag usage... anywho.... I have a two peice, locking and removable magwell block system I orginally developed during the AWB for inexpensive sten mags to be used in the Colt style 9mm's.   By removing the ejector.... it basically becomes a Oly style magwell block.  Yes... the Oly style will feed reliably form the more rearward mag position via the feed ramp/bridge on the forward magwell block.

for several reasons posted in other 9mm upper threads here... I personally have a preference to see you use the Oly style... The KKF(#1) and SOCOM(#2) blocks are pretty decent if you want to learn a new manual of arms by using a thumb lever to changer your mags.  If you want to use the standard mag release button and don't want a bulky block welded on the back of your magazine like the factory Oly 9mm mags, then my magwell blocks are your next commercial option. It's very similar to the factory colt mag blocks in concept, but removable.

~D~

SNS
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the good info so far guys.

SNSIndustries,

So far I have an RRA striped lower and was planing on getting a RRA upper.  I don't have any parts for the lower as of yet.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
SNSIndustries, where can I go for more info about your block?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
His website is here.  

http://www.snsindustries.com

I would like to see some of his Oly style mag adaptors.  Sounds slick
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the website address.  Did a search earlier and didn't come up with it for some reason.  Unfortunately, the site is under construction.

Anyone have any details or experience with this block?  Pics would be great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
tagged
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top