Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2005 11:20:44 AM EDT
Well just wanted to show off what I have been working on.

Bought a pre-ban EA lower from a great forum member trying to help out people in still banned states and rebuilt internals with all new pieces. The final piece of the puzzle arrived yesterday. My new Kuehl upper. It is a perfect fit to the lower, no wobble whatsoever. Perfect!

This completes my .22 Setup (along with my Kimber .22 Rimfire pistol).  (Well that is until I get one of my lowers SBR'd so I can get a 10.5" upper). I'll report back when I get a chance to take it to the range.

PS: and YEAH, it's a Tacpoint. For a .22 it's PERFECT!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Both .22s look great!  Have you thought about a .22 suppressor?  You could move it between the Kimber and the Kuehl upper for some quiet shooting.  Again, nice job.

Dan
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
nice pair of 22's
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually yeah a suppressor is next on the list for the AR at least. Thinking of getting the Pilot.

It would be nice to have one for the Kimber (preferably the same one)...but unsure about how to make that work. What are my options for a can for the 1911?

Where can I get a threaded barrel for the Kimber Rimfire? What are my options?

Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The Pilot is a good choice.  I had used one on my Kuehl upper and a Walther P22 and it performed extremely well.  I'm not sure how the Kimber conversion works, but I'm assuming it would be a simple job (threaded barrel with adapter).  I have a CZ Kadet 22 conversion for my CZ75B and it was modified by threading the barrel and installing the adapter.  I sent it to Mark at www.trosusa.com/ and he did a great job.  Here are a couple of pics.  

Dan

Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Great looking rig. I ordered my upper from Rick last week. How long did it take to get yours? I'm going to go with a Eotech and LMT rear sight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
usncorpsman1, he was blazing fast. Maybe he had some prebuilt up..i'm not sure. I think i sent my order/payment out around 2/14. Recieved on 3/4. Now if I can only get it to the range!
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope mine goes as fast. Did you purchase extra mags?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Took mine out today and had some fun.  Thought you guys with Kuehl uppers would appreciate some video.  Right click and save:  Kuehl upper

Dan

Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah definitly!! I ordered 4 30rd's and 2 10rd's. I am going to make sure they all work when I get to the range..and then put some away for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Dan0341 sweet setup! Is that a Pilot on there? Man...how I'd love a Full Auto. Just not in the cards though (or should I say bank account).
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#11]
madone, it's SRT's Commanche (rated for full auto).  I have some other videos showing the Commanche.  Just click HERE for my webpage.  The Pilot is an excellent suppressor.  I used a friend's while plinking and was impressed.  

Dan

Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Dan0341, you make me sick , sick with envy that is. Nice weapon, I can't wait to get my upper. I will never have a full auto, but get to fire many in my line of work, so that keeps me satisfied.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Madone, How is this for fast? I ordered last Wed, sent payment Friday and the upper is built, test fired and ready to ship tommorrow. I should have it all in a weeks time.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#14]
WOW..that is FAST! Congrats USNCORPSMAN. Make sure you post some pics when you get it!
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks good, madone!

I got my Kuehl barrel less than 2 weeks after ordering, a lot less than the 4+ weeks I was expecting from Rick's website.

Be sure to give us your range report.  Mine ran perfectly (250 rounds) the first time out, except for a few problems extracting.  I blame my old Ciener kit, as it had several thousand rounds through it before I sent it to Rick.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Hi Guys,

I got the upper today. 1 week from the day I ordered. Now that is what I call fast. I had hand surgery last Thursday from a injury that happened on my deployment to Iraq and will not be able to shoot it for a few weeks. That will give me time to  get optics and all together. Did I say Rick does a great  job. This upper is flawless. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. I'll post pics when all is complete.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Well here's a quick summary of my outing today. Hit the indoor range today so I didn't not bench test it, but from what I saw today...This upper is a definite keeper!

Shot about 600+ rds of various ammo. Mini-Mags, Rem Golden Bullets, Federal Game-Shot (710/810 Kuehl recommended), PMC Zapper, Federal Gold Medal Target's. NOT ONE problem. Fed and ate all the different ammo's without an issue. (This was right out of box..with no cleaning what so ever)

(I did try a couple of sub-sonics, but as I expected they did not cycle the bolt....BUT this is what I expected and do not count it against the upper at all.)

I have to say that as this is my favorite .22 rifle I now own.

Now for the bad news. This thing is soo much fun to shoot that I ended up getting a blister on my loading thumb from loading the mags. Time to order an M60Joe Mag loader.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I agree, shooting 22s is a lot fun.  Rick Kuehl puts out a quality product.  

Dan  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top