Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2005 2:19:29 PM EDT
Just received an email from Botach, and thought I would pass along the info.  Best price I have seen so far anywhere.  I'm holding out for $40 myself.  

Botach

Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be great if they get down in the $40 range, but I don't think much less than $45 is going to be a reality since they cost just about $40 each.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd buy a dozen @ $50 if they weren't LEO marked.  

Just a pet peeve of mine.  No interest in anything with restricted markings.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard of way to many BAD things about this company.I will pay a few dollars more to buy from some good people.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have heard of way to many BAD things about this company.I will pay a few dollars more to buy from some good people.

I have as well, however, a few different orders of IMI ammo and Comtac hearing protection came through for me without a hitch.  Luck of the draw, I guess.  I figure as long as you put it on a card, you can't lose your dough.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered from them many times. They have some good prices sometimes. The only problem Ive had with them is they out of stock some items that they sell on the website. I dont think the site order system tracks inventory. Ive never been charged for something I didnt get. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 4 of those mags today from Botach at 3:20 PM PST.  I got a shipping notice with UPS tracking number at 5:30 PM PST today as well!
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I too got the Botach email ad.

I've ordered once from Botach and it went fine, but I've heard of bad stories.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#8]
mmm....maybe I'll get one to see how it works.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered 4 yesterday morning, by the PM I had an email saying they were on the trail via UPS ground w/ tracking #.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
$30 for Mecgars at CDNN.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
$30 for Mecgars at CDNN.

You're referring to Uzi mags, correct?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#12]
One of my good friends got ten of them yesterday.  They are new, as advertised.  Beautiful mags.
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
$30 for Mecgars at CDNN.

Uzi mags are just not the same for the AR15 platform as they are for the Uzi.... the nose sits up higher in the Uzi mag then in the Colt mag... for the little bit extra I'll get the Colt mags... I have a Colt M16 with a Colt 635 9mm upper (~$10,800 all totaled) what is a few extra $$'s to have it run right?
Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I happily ran converted UZI mags for years, during the AWB when factory Colt 32s were $125+ apiece.  Not knowing any better, I put up with the (more than) occasional FTFeed and the sloppy fit of a couple of the mags. After the AWB expired, I came across a factory Colt 20rd mag at the right price, and bought it. The difference is night and day; I've had 100% reliability with it, as well as with the handful of Colt 20s and 32s I've gotten since.

I swore off Botach a few years ago after they irretrievably f*cked one of my orders, but the recent sale on Colt 32s lured me back with its siren song.  I ordered four of them yesterday at lunchtime, and had an Email containing my ship notification and tracking number by dinner. Wow!

Link Posted: 3/4/2005 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, it's the Uzi mag.

I'd rather have the Colt mags too but I'll wait till the price comes down.  It's only been 5 months and mag prices are close to leveling out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Big Brown just dropped off my mags today... Here is what I got...

4 brand NEW LEO marked Colt 32 round 9mm mags for $53 ea. delivered to AZ.

They look just like the 2 that I got for $65 ea a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Big Brown just dropped off my mags today... Here is what I got...

members.cox.net/randy3gun/botoch/botoch1.jpg

members.cox.net/randy3gun/botoch/botoch2.jpg

members.cox.net/randy3gun/botoch/botoch3.jpg

4 brand NEW LEO marked Colt 32 round 9mm mags for $53 ea. delivered to AZ.

They look just like the 2 that I got for $65 ea a few weeks ago.

My bag looked identical this morning.  Inside were 4 mags dated 6/98 with LE markings.  Now I have to hit the range and run a few rounds through them.  I noticed my Hahn block has been less than consistent with the bolt hold open.  I think I need to give it some TLC....

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#18]
2 inbound!  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Why are they still so expensive? I got (6) for $23.00 each and that was over a year ago...

I dunno...either the seller didn't know what they were or what they cost, or they weren't Colt mags??
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why are they still so expensive? I got (6) for $23.00 each and that was over a year ago...

I dunno...either the seller didn't know what they were or what they cost, or they weren't Colt mags??

They were NIW Colt LEO marked 32 round magazines from a Colt Dealer.

Because a year ago us plain ole POS civilians couldn't own LEO marked mags.  If I'm not mistaken Wave, you are LEO?  Now that LEO mags are fair game for most everyone in the country, standard supply and demand rules are in effect.  And since Colt is the only one making Colt mags, and they abhor us plain ole POS civilians, the prices are still way up there.  Limited supply, high demand means high prices.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:55:39 AM EDT
[#24]
What I don't understand is why the newest date code on these mags is 6/98???  Seems like there was a hell of an oversupply if Colt hasn't had to manufacture any since 1998.  There are an awful lot of dealers that have come out fo the woodwork with these mags lately.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So eventually these mag prices will settle down then correct? You figure someone would have made a decent aftermarket magazine by now...

It would be nice if someone could make a quality mag for about $20-$25.  Those ProMags might be an option for range use, or even competitive use, if they prove durable and reliable.

What I don't like about the Colt mags I just bought are the plastic followers.  NO where near as good as the older metal ones.  The plastic ones don't operate the bolt stop very reliably.  They rock back and forth pretty easily in the tube.  Anyone know of a source for metal 9mm followers?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#26]
5 Ordered as of this date, 13 March.  I wonder how many they have left?  I've converted many Uzi mags in the past... they work great except the lack of bolt-hold.  For a while that didn't bother me, but recently it has become annoying, and now finally I'll carry a load of mags that will function as they are supposed to!

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Bend the topmost coil of the mag spring up just a fraction (you want to lift the rear of the follower just a tad), and you'll find the plastic follower will work the bolt stop with 100% reliability.

Mick

Quoted:

It would be nice if someone could make a quality mag for about $20-$25.  Those ProMags might be an option for range use, or even competitive use, if they prove durable and reliable.

What I don't like about the Colt mags I just bought are the plastic followers.  NO where near as good as the older metal ones.  The plastic ones don't operate the bolt stop very reliably.  They rock back and forth pretty easily in the tube.  Anyone know of a source for metal 9mm followers?  

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top