Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/12/2005 9:28:24 AM EDT
couldnt find anything in search:

Wondering what kind of accuracy you folks with ciener kits in your standard 223/556 twist uppers are getting?  

Would like to hear form those who may use them in "dedicated" barrels w/22lr twist rate too (like kuehl uppers)
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I never scoped one and bench shot it, but in my 1:12 twist 20" old M16 barrel, Ceiner conversion and iron sights, I am pretty sure I could kill a squirrel at 25 yards
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything with a dedicated chamber and a 1/16" twist .220 Barrel should shoot around 1" at 50 yds with match ammo. Wolf .22 Match Target seems to be preferred.  Bentz reamers/chambers are preferred for function with acceptable accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
David, next Hite Hollow shoot I'll bring my Ceiner Kit, I use it in a 7.5" 1in12 upper (5.56).  It's not "target" accurate, but is "fun" accurate.  

Steve.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
David, next Hite Hollow shoot I'll bring my Ceiner Kit, I use it in a 7.5" 1in12 upper (5.56).  It's not "target" accurate, but is "fun" accurate.  

Steve.

Cool.  I certainly believe the "fun" part.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a DPMS heavy barrel upper and it was truly a tackdriver.
I now use and shoot a Ceiner with my three bushmaster 1/9 uppers. I have a 20" plain barrel ,16" with ak and a 16" superlight that was a plain barrel and has recently had a comp installed.
The 20" gets slightly better groups but all are similar.
My Ceiner is very ammo sensitive.CCI Mini Mags and most other high velocity stuff shoots about 2"+ at 50 yds (10 shot groups with a good scope on sandbags).I am useing a RR NM trigger.Factory triggers will limit you off the bench. Many of the real light aftermarket triggers will not run the rimfire guns well.Don't even think about  a JEWELL, very nice and light in centerfire but will not run my Ceiner.
Ceiner directions caution to only use high velocity ammo but mine runs very good with target stuff. The only High velocity that groups well is PMC Zapper , I get about  1 1/4 " for the ten shot group @50 YD
CCI STD  about the same as Zapper ,Fed 711 (target)  1 1/8"  and WOLF MT  shoots an honest 7/8" when I bear down and do my part. (and the wind isn't puffing)
My old  DPMS would shoot  much tighter groups, I think if I had a real good match trigger it would have shot match ammo into groups less than 1/2" at 50 YD but in practice I could hardly shoot more than ten shots into 7/8 because the 3 1/2 lb trigger would break funny and I was pulling shots wide.
Some ammo (dyna points and Rem GOLDEN bulk come to mind) shoot real wide-like 3 1/2" at 50 yd.
Bottom line is to try lots of different ammo including target and match to see what works best in your gun.This is a truth for all rimfire guns.
Keep in mind that newer Ceiners will more than likely need a bunch of high velocity stuff thru them to slick them up before they will run on standard vel ammo.Mine will even run faitly well with CCI sub sonic
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top