Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2004 5:42:11 PM EDT
Finally the big brown truck came with my long awaited Bushmaster Carbon .22LR upper.  I was very skeptical about going with a carbon fiber receiver but when I got it and opened everything up I was very pleased.  The upper fit right onto my Bushmaster lower with out any trouble and it is nice and snug with no rattle.  There has been some controversy about taking the upper off to clean it, but it is very easy and no trouble at all.  Once together I was very happy with the feel of the completed rifle.  With the carbon fiber receiver and pencil barrel it makes for a very light and well balanced carbine,  the other thing I like is the raised picatinny rail, I have a cheapy BSA 30mm red-dot that fits right on there and I can co-witness with the iron sights.  My only gripe is that the magazine seams kinda "cheezy" (plus it's only 10 rds.) but it does fit pretty good in the magwell.  Tomorrow night I'm taking it to the indoor range at my club, I plan on working it out good with a bunch of different ammo. (CCI std. velocity, CCI Stingers, CCI Blazer, Winchester Dyna Points, Winchester Wildcats).  I guess we'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#1]
OK the range report......

This is my first 10 shot group with this upper, right out of the box with no sight adjustments.  I was using CCI Std. velocity ammo.

I followed up by making my sight adjustments to zero the rifle and then proceeded to test all different ammo.  I used CCI Std. velocity, CCI Blazer, Winchester Wildcats, Winchester Dyna Points and even some chepo Federal value pack stuff.  For the most parts every ammo I tried worked pretty good.  There was the occasional failure to extract and a little stove pipe, maybe one round every other magazine.  That is to be expected with these at first from what I hear.  After a good cleaning a lube job I plan on taking it out again maybe this weekend so I see if it improves.  Overall I am very pleased with this upper, as you can see by the group it shoots very well for a upper with nothing fancy like a FF tube or  bull barrel.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, is that group at 25? That would be really cool to have a short barrel and can for an SBR
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I fired that group @ 50' at my clubs indoor pistol range.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Not bad with irons and standard ammo! Did Bushmaster say how long before they get the 30 rounders in ?

Mark
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
All they would tell me is "soon"
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent!  I can't find just the upper on the Bushie site.  Can you tell me what retail is for the upper?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is the link to the upper on Bushmaster's site Carbon 22LR Upper
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top