Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2004 11:52:02 AM EDT
Looking for an Oly 9mm upper in pre-ban configuration.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Me too,only I live in CT so I need post ban. Rock river,Oly,American Spirt Arms (ASA) would all be ok with me as long as it runs ok
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Spray try OLY directly. Or maybe on the EE might find one used. Maybe Budam has them.

NHSport, I also live in CT so I'm stuck with post ban. I pickedup a new OLY upper on the EE last Spring it was a bargain came with socom block, stem mags and a comp. I've got a 2nd one but that is a complete OLY I bought new. I got my complete OLY from D'Andreas in Stratford it might be worth a call to see if he has any.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks BOBK
How has your oly been running? shot it much?
I really think I want an upper to go with all my other AR stuff.
I shoot some plate shoots in wallingford and about once a month we run a pistol caliber carbine shoot.Some of the guys who come shoot 9mmARs and some run and some don't.   I think the ones which don't run well are mostly parts and pieces or have some mag/mag block issues.
All I need is 15-20 shots that I can crank off in a row, (realy only 8 or 9,there is only five plates) I don't care about bolt hold open but reliability is a must. These plate shoots only take a couple of seconds per run and even a faliure to feed will screw you because by the time you grab the charging handle to clear the match is over .   My problem with buying on EE is I hardly know what is what  (with 9mm types) and what to stay away from.     Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been watching the EE for a while. Going direct is definately a possibility. I thought I had read that someone was blowing them out, but can't remember who.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
2-3 week wait from oyl
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#6]
nhsport, The AR I have used the most is an A2 oly upper on a DPMS carbine lower.  All I did was put the 2 halves together. Didn't change a thing on my lower. This gun has about 4-5k through it, mostly Win white box and some Wolf with this ammo combination I have had no FTF or FTE. My typical trip to the range is dumping 8 sten mags then I reload. Up until this past Saturday I didn't experience any malfunctions. However this past range trip I had a couple of doubles and we'll see if it happens again  on my next trip. My AR doesn't like Blazer(aluminum cased ammo) other than that it eats everything I throw at it. I have a 2nd AR a complete OLY that I keep in reserve.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top