Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2004 10:55:53 AM EDT
A guy I know sold his handguns and wanted to sell off his remaining handgun ammo, 9mm and .40 My buddy took the 9mm and left me the .40 to take if I wanted it. I figured what the hell ya can't beat the price(600rds for $20). Yes they are re-loads, I know I know, other peoples re-loads blah blah blah, but I trust the guy that loads them, because I've shot them before and did not have a problem. Ok here is the thing though. They are lead round nose(flat point something like that) but no copper jacket. Just want to know if there is anything to worry about shooting a lead non-jacketed bullet in an oly arms pistol cal upper. Am I pretty much just looking at a little more time for cleaning. I've never shot non-jacketed ammo before out of any of my guns. Thanks all
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I had some ultramax lead Rn .40's to use up at one time. They are a pain,
for the fact they lead up your gun so bad! Long-story-short, I still haven't used
up all of it! I am still waiting on my Oly .40 cal Upper, just ordered this week.
What configuration do you have? How do you like this upper? I posted earlier
in the week about feedbacks on these, so please do share words, comments, and
OH YES, PICS.......Good luck with your reloads!

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had some ultramax lead Rn .40's to use up at one time. They are a pain,
for the fact they lead up your gun so bad! Long-story-short, I still haven't used
up all of it! I am still waiting on my Oly .40 cal Upper, just ordered this week.
What configuration do you have? How do you like this upper? I posted earlier
in the week about feedbacks on these, so please do share words, comments, and
OH YES, PICS.......Good luck with your reloads!

The one I have is an A2 upper(yuk) besides that(I like flattops) the only other gripe I have is the fact that the mags cost so damn much, last I checked oly didn't have any hi-caps available and they are $79 per at the one place I did find them. So right now I only have 1 mag for it the one I got with the gun. It uses the blocked UZI mag. It's accurate as shit though I love the thing when I shoot it. i'd shoot it more if I could afford mags for it. I really want to SBR a new lower and than chop the barrel down so it ends just far enough in front of the handguards to let me have enough barrel outside the HG to put a supressor on. I'll see if I can find some pics of targets, I don't think I have any though. And I know I don't have any pics of the upper which is currently in a base (on the lighter side)green color(I ran out of paint when camoing my uppers so I haven't completed it yet)

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds pretty cool...I'm going NUTS waiting for my setup!
I found some .45 mags new for less than $70, hi-cap to boot.
get ahold of me if you want some, I might be able to get you a couple.
Thanks for the info.

H
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds pretty cool...I'm going NUTS waiting for my setup!
I found some .45 mags new for less than $70, hi-cap to boot.
get ahold of me if you want some, I might be able to get you a couple.
Thanks for the info.

We all voted for BUSH in OHIO, so what is the holdup????

Will they work with the .40?? The .40 mag I have is a converted 4AE uzi mag. They tweak the feedlips a bit on them I guess.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Photoman, what part of Wisconsin are you in.  I'm looking for a better place to shoot, all the places around here are mainly One-Shooters, you break-out a Homeland-Defense Weapon, and they start having panic attacks.  I am actually looking for an old farm with a large barn to use for pistol and some rifle caliber's.  Or someone with just that, and doesn't mind letting others of like politics use their property.  I'm in the far North-East cornor of Illinois, 2.5 Miles south of the WI border, and right on Lake Michigan.  If that stupid Lisa Madigan get her "NEW" Illinois AWB passed, I'm gonna park everything that shoots in my Aunt's house, that just 2.6 miles away (she's Republican).

You know, with the possibility of terrorist activity inside the USA, wouldn't you want all true American's to take-up Arms, against our possibly terrorist aggressor's.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Photoman, what part of Wisconsin are you in.

I'm in Racine.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, the .45 lips need to be pinched slightly.....just as some of the .41 AE do.
I have a .41AE mag, and it is dimensionally the same as the .45, just the holes
are numbered different(4,8,12,16 compared to 5,10,15,20 for the .41)
Enjoy!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top