Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 2:45:02 AM EDT
Assuming you have a complete .223 already that you will scounge from.

You would need
(prices are for the stuff I would get)
RRA Upper - 440 (A4 with Carbine FF HG)
RRA Mag Block - 119
RRA Hammer - 15
Buffer - 24
Colt Mag - 60

And thats it right?  Assuming you have a CAR Stock?  Also this would be really close to what Colt sells correct?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Assuming you have a complete .223 already that you will scounge from.

You would need
(prices are for the stuff I would get)
RRA Upper - 440 (A4 with Carbine FF HG)
RRA Mag Block - 119
RRA Hammer - 15
Buffer - 24
Colt Mag - 60

And thats it right?  Assuming you have a CAR Stock?  Also this would be really close to what Colt sells correct?
Thanks

The hammer is *optional* IF you have a compatible 223 hammer.  Look at the frequently asked questions that is tacked about 9mm to see pics on the hammers.

You can hold off on the buffer for some time.  I have a 223 buffer in my 9mm and it's running fine so far....

Colt mag, sorry.  I would rather buy 2 generic mags then a Colt for that price.  (I don't care about the hold open feature).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Or just an Oly upper that will sit on any 5.56 lower without modification.  With a $65 mag block you can use $5 each sten mags.  Thats twelve for the price of one Colt mag.  (I can divide fast too).  Somebody may hate on my post cuz they don't like Oly but just giving you some options.

Debo

I am Debo and I approve this message
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am Debo and I approve this message

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top