Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 10:46:52 AM EDT
Since the end of the AWB, what companies are back in business of manufacturing a (full-size, full-weight) AR15 pistols. I recently emailed BUSHMASTER, they have no intentions of reintroducing the ARM pistol.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait a while.  You'll prob see some in a few more months.  (Heck, all depends on the election.  If sKerry makes it, I'm getting a few more stripped lowers and making some.)

You can always build one.  Get a pistol lower from CMMG or a Mega lower and get a Model 1 Kit....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
OAI is bringing back the OA93 pistol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was aware Oly had the 0A98 (very short barrel, lightening holes) and OA93 is to be re-introduced (short barrel-want longer).

Model 1 has many commercial parts not up to Mil-Spec standards. Gunsmoke Enterprises in producing a former model. But, I don't know anything about this company.

Problem is many AR pistols had functioning problems with the expection of Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OAI is bringing back the OA93 pistol.

!!already back!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not build your own?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not into reasearch and development - very little free time ...  would prefer for someone else to de-bug equipment or tools that I purchase.  Moreover, I don't have a proper workshop or sufficent tools.  My new (2nd wife) is (how shall I say this) very frugal.  And I want to keep her- Have you seen the moive CHEAPER TO KEEP HER.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was aware Oly had the 0A98 (very short barrel, lightening holes) and OA93 is to be re-introduced (short barrel-want longer).
Problem is many AR pistols had functioning problems with the expection of Bushmaster.

Note that the Olympic version has run very well.  I haev put the uppers onto machien guns and they go just as well.

You can buy the Oly and it wil be fine (speaking from a LOT of experience with them).

mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#8]
If the barrel was a little longer on the Oly pistol upper, say 8-9", I'd get it.  Keep the handguard the same, just lengthen barrel.

If they made a 9mm I think I would get it.  I'm hoping they make a 30 Carbine pistol upper.... if not, I'll have to take the matter into my own hands.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If the barrel was a little longer on the Oly pistol upper, say 8-9", I'd get it.  Keep the handguard the same, just lengthen barrel.

If they made a 9mm I think I would get it.  I'm hoping they make a 30 Carbine pistol upper.... if not, I'll have to take the matter into my own hands.

Kaliburz, talk to Mark Budan at Triple Break.  I just emailed him yesterday and he said he could get 9mm uppers with shorter (8" or so) barrels.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:57:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kaliburz, talk to Mark Budan at Triple Break.  I just emailed him yesterday and he said he could get 9mm uppers with shorter (8" or so) barrels.

Whose the manufacture? Does it have the olympic system?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top