Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 12:37:22 AM EDT
I thought there's some difference, does anyone know exactly the details?  how has it been improved?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
While I've never seen the originals, it's my understanding that the forks were welded to the chamber adapter, whereas now the chamber adapter is removable.  Or perhaps it's vice versa.

On both of mine - one bought new 2 years ago, and one bought used about 3 years ago, the forks are not welded and the chamber adapter can be removed from the receiver adapter rails.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are refering to the "Atchisson" as the original, and the current Ciener,  In most respects they are the the same,,,,,,,,, but the Atchisson used a rectangular shape fire pin that is not spring loaded, the Ciener uses a round fire pin.

The mags are the same.

HTH
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a MK II preban m-16 kit. The chamber adapter is not welded to the forks and the fireing pin is large and rectangular and there is no fireing pin spring. Everything seem to work well and I don't believe I'll have the fireing pin brakeage problem that most kit owners talk about.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top