Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 6:35:41 PM EDT
Will the H3 buffer work with a 9mm set up?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]

H3 is 5.6oz, made from aluminum and uses tungsten weights while 9mm is 5.47oz and made from steel.  There should be no problem at all using the H3 in place of the standard 9mm buffer...

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know where to get the 9mm A, B, or X buffers? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Fulton Armory has the H-Buffers with tungsten counter-weights. I'm not sure which weight or letter they are, but mine feels to be the same weight as a rifle buffer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Fulton Armory does carry the H3 5.6oz buffer, listed as 'Colt heavy tungsten'... The last time I bought a couple they were $35 each.  

The the only source on the heavier A - 6.3oz, B - 7.1oz, and X - 7.9oz CAR buffers I'm aware of is sawsales... You can expect to pay beyond top dollar... www.sawlesales.com    Since I'd rather not deal with that individual, I'm waiting on the CavArms 8 ounce CAR buffer...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=61&t=143947

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top