Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 8:12:16 AM EDT
do you need to use a 9mm stock spacer for a 9mm conversion.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes if you are using a 9mm buffer and CAR spring in a standard A2 stock.  If you are using a collapsible stock, then no.

If you want one, you can have mine for$5 shipped.  I changed to a collapsible stock so I don't need it.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes if you are using a 9mm buffer and CAR spring in a standard A2 stock.
Stick with the std A2 buffer as intended for rifle stock.  No need to go mixing CAR and A2 and have an accident.  The rifle buffer weighs 5.2oz average,  and the 9mm CAR buffer is 5.6oz average.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
By accident I presume you mean leaving it in and firing a 5.56 upper on it?

Every seen what this would do?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a rifle length buffer out of the rifle tube, and drop a CAR buffer in, and forget to use the spacer....

OUCH!!!    No reason to be using CAR buffer in a rifle tube......   The 9mm buffer weigh typically 5.6oz,  rifle buffer weigh 5.2 oz,  why bother,  weight are only of real concern when used with full-auto.

Rifle stock--> rifle parts

CAR stock--> CAR parts
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top