Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 10:17:21 PM EDT
Just picked-up a 9mm Olympic Arms Carbine yesterday.  It came with 2 of those sten mags with the welded on block.  Called Kurt at KKF and ordered one of his Magwell filler blocks $65.00 shipped, not bad ,thats basically the cost of another one of those Oly mags.  Going to change out the Buttstock, it's sporting an A2 Stock and I want a Carbine stock.  It also had a Laser with operating pad attached to a Tr-Rail attachment that mounted under/around the front sight base by 2 screws jus in frot of the front sight base.  I removed that tri-rail because it weighs too much.  Ran 2 mags thru it as fast as I cold pull the trigger,without any problems.  I want to get an attachment that I'll be able to Co-Witness the sights with, any suggestions,  Tapco has the Sten mags for $4.00 each, guess I'll have to stock up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Chief, while your at it get a mag loader for the sten mags. Tapco has them. I bought 2 mag loaders from them and they work great with the unmodified mags . Sure speeds up the process of filling them up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Chief. Do you have a flat top or a carry handle on your set up? Also, I suggest that you replace that A2 stock with a stubby stock or a collapsable one.  I have an ACE on mine and it's too long for a sub-gun. I will probably swap mine out for an "entry" stock.HERE
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
BobK,  I just got off the phone with Tapco and ordered 20 Sten Mags, I found a mag loader in the bag the rifle came in.
Strick,  Thats a nice looking rifle you got.  Mine has the A2 style upper and A2 Buttstock, but I paid $675 for the rifle, so I'm not complaining too loud(LOL).
I really wish it either had the Flattop or the old slick-side upper receiver.   When the savings start growing again, I'm going to replace the A2 stock with a 6-position CAR stock .  I also want to get a Tactical Mount that attaches to the handle that has the rail over the handguards so I can get/mount a reddot type scope and co-witness the sights.  Do you think the Hakko TacPoint would work out like this?
I still have the Laser and the Tri-Rail that came with it.
I've always wanted a 9mm carbine, and with my really F@#ked-up back (4 surgeries in the last 2 and a half years on the lower lumbar), this just came up and the price was right.  And it's not too heavy.
I was also offered a Brand new Oly M4 for $750.00,  I'm still trying to figure out how to pay for that.
Has anyone out  there heard of a 9mm D-Max Carbine?  I've been offered one for $225 plus shipping and it comes with 18 sten mags.  Are they any good?  Or is the 9mm AR better?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
NAVYCHIEF,
The tacpoint will mount to anything the aimpoint will. So, a carry handle mount will handle the job. However, a good mount will cost what the tacpoint will. You can go cheap and get an airsoft knock off mount. That would be fine for plinking, but that is nothing to bet your life on.
Although I have never seen that D-MAX in person, I would save for the Oly M4gery.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top