Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2004 7:13:01 PM EDT
Any way to make the two stage trigger system work on an 9mm Build, Want to use same lower for my 5.56 as my 9mm, have two stage trigger can I do it or do I just have to get another lower.  THanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont believe I ever tried it when mine was set up. If its not the right hammer it will lock up the action and you'll have  to pull the receivers apart.

Anyway, a free BTT in case somebody knows.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
If I recall correctly, you can use a .223 match trigger setup if you have your bolt ramped.  This way the underside of the bolt is identical to the .223 bolt and you have no problems.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
REad the FAQ tacky posts at the top.  Lots of info on which hammers you can use and whatnot.  IIRC RRA/Colt systems require different hammers.  My Oly system sits on any and every .223 lower No Change.

Hope this helps,
Debo
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to know if I understand this correctly, so if anyone knows please help. I have an RRA NM Lower Set up with their two stage trigger. From what I am reading here it is possible if I get the bolt of the upper ramped. Does this also mean I will have to change the hammer? If this is true, is there a hammer that can be easily swaped with the this two stage set up and work with both the 9mm and a 5.56 upper? Thanks for your help in advance.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]
If you the 9mm already, just try it.  You will know the first time you pull the bolt to rear and slowly release it forward.... if it closes, all should be well.  If it locks up about 1/2 - 3/4" from fully closing, you'll know it will not work, but you will need to push the front  and rear take-down pins and lift upper off lower to remedy your "lock-up"..... no big deal.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#6]
a 9mm upper will not work with a RRA NM trigger in the lower without modification...
The bolt will jam on the way back...what you need to do is take some stock off of the top of the hammer ...that's what I did with mine and it's functions flawlessly, just don't take too much or it won't work with .556
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top