Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2004 5:32:20 PM EDT
I got one of these a long time ago and  never messed with it.  Are them any good, and what would one fetch with 3 mags? Or should I even bother and just keep it/shoot it/enjoy it?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The Air Force unit is hard to find these days -- but seem to run in price from $125 to $135 unless there actually is a conversion unit collector and they might pay more. The mags can be found from time to time and don't seem to cost much. I believe the older mags have a tan color to them and the newer ones are white.

I got to be honest with you, at first I prefered the Ciener because of the 30 round mags but later I found that the Air Force unit shot just as well and it is the only one with a bolt hold open feature and I really got tired of stuffing all those rounds in the 30 round mag. I have a dedicated upper from KKF that can take any of the conversions. If you decide to use it in a 5.56/.223 upper remember the accuracy will not be as good as a dedicated upper -- this goes for all the conversion units.

If the bolt-hold-open doesn't work very well, open the magazine and stretch the main spring some -- be careful, the main spring is a pain to get back in place unless you have a spatula from the kitchen to stuff the spring under. When the spring is all back in place under the spatula put the other half of the magazine on top and slide the spatula out -- reinstall the screws and you are back in business.

If you like target shooting and good old plinking 10 rounds is fine -- and you've got three mags you can pre-load!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one about 2-3 years ago from someone selling them and a BUNCH of mags for them here on ARFcom, I still haven't shot it yet but the mags are very well built and very white...look evil under the black light in the vault!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two.  My first one was $100, came with two mags, and doest run very well.  I remember there was a fluff and buff post here a long time ago, but I cannot find it anymore... sure would like to!

My second, I got from a guy with 5 mags for $100!!!  It already has the fluff and buff done on it, the guy swears it runs 100%, but I haven tried it yet.  We will see.  I'll be selling my original one if this one runs better.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the AF conversion with with full auto?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe there were any 22 conversions that will work full-auto other than the Ciener M16 model.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top