Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 8:48:08 AM EDT
if i bought a short barrel upper can i perm attach a long flash hider to make it legal length and it be legel?any one make long flash hiders for 9mm ar?  thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the only ready-made FHs for 9mm are the A1 and A2 styles, which I believe are NOT long enought to bring you to 16".

If you are talking about 14.5",  you can take a Phantom and bore out the inside to allow a 9mm slug to pass through. Perm. attach it, and that will bring you to 16".

Just make sure your barrel is threaded 1/2 X 28 TPI.

If you are talking about something really short, I can't help ya.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.armalite.com/sales/specials/newproducts/awbsunsetparts.htm

Try the .308 AR-10 version.  It is longer and is better suited for the 9mm.  It has a 5/8" thread, 24 pitch (I think).  

I believe the Phantom comes in the larger size too.  
You just need to find out who carries it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top