Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2004 6:35:11 AM EDT
Shot my buddies 9mm and now i'm hooked.
So I built a 9mm labeled Mega lower with .223 parts not knowing at the time 9mm was different. I picked up a upper complete on ee board and now tryin to decide what to do?
I can't figue out what brand the upper is? Do I need the 9mm hammer parts? The friends Oly works with .223 parts. How do I do a function test before test fire?
Sorry for the newbie questions

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That's an Olympic Arms 9mm upper.

It does not require 9mm parts in the lower. The only thing you'll want to get is the SOCOM mag block so that you can use unmodified $3 Sten mags instead of the $65 Oly mags.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the fast reply. With the mag block does it protect the lower from the mag lips? I feel like I'm grinding away on the lower inserting this mag.

Edit: who has these mag blocks?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Picture of the mag block installed...

I don't feel like I'm beating on the lower with the standard Sten mags.

Not sure who the best source for the SOCOM block is right now. Might want to do a google search.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Get it straight from Socom MFG.

www.socommfg.com/
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks Checking now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Who was it that makes the socom type block but is flush with the magwell? I saw it and now its gone
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I cut my standard Socom to fit flush. I had it milled here at work. Someone else
told how they did it with a hack saw & files. I don't think anyone sells them in the
short version. Buy the standard one, which does work, then cut it down after you see
how it fits. It's real simple. Let me know if you want details.
I love my Oly 9mm!
Good  Luck!

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Look at KurtsKustomFirearms.  It looks like he has one that is, if not flush, then shorter than the SOCOM block

I'm waiting on my upper right now.

cheers,
ka
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top