Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:42:05 PM EDT
I'm going to put together a very short barreled 9mm upper for my M16, and want to use it with an AWC MK9 suppressor.  I'd like to be able to buy the cheap wally world 9mm bulk packs to run through it, but I also want to keep her as quiet as possible.  

So, does anyone know the longest possible barrel length that will still reliably keep 115 grain cheapo 9mm subsonic?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta guess its on the short side of three inches. Better yet, get  a ported barrel with integral suppressor. these will make a 125 subsonic, you have to check if it will work with 115.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you contact suppressor company and certify your short barrel is warrentied with their can...

Mark
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I gotta guess its on the short side of three inches. Better yet, get  a ported barrel with integral suppressor. these will make a 125 subsonic, you have to check if it will work with 115.

I was hoping to just build one with the 9mm can that I just got with my Mac.  It's a really nice AWC, very large volume can, and can take all the full auto I can shoot.  Plus I dont' have $1100 to sink into a dedicated upper.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Make sure you contact suppressor company and certify your short barrel is warrentied with their can...

Mark
[email protected]

Good question, though this can was designed for a Mac, so it's currently working with about 3" of exposed barrel.  I don't think the AR style upper should matter, right?  If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me so I don't figure it out after I sink a wad of money into custom parts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a Dillon progressive press and roll your own.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Get a Dillon progressive press and roll your own.

Did that once... bought an RL550b and all the acompanying bells and whistles.  Set it up in the garage, looked at it and thought "when the f*ck am I going to have time to use all this?"  Promptly put it up in the EE and never looked back.  

Maybe when I retire and have more time...  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bump

147 grain is subsonic, and not much more expensive than the 115 grain stuff.

TRG

What brand 147 are you using, and where are you buying it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top