Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2004 10:22:46 AM EDT
Looking at my options for my 9mm conversion.  I can have Colt 9mm mags legally (I live in Hawaii), but not UZI.  Rock River is out of stock for their Colt blocks, I see the Hahn in Brownells.  Any opinions or experieince with these?  

thank you

richard
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats the law that excludes the UZI mags but allows Colt?  I love my new VM Hy-tech mag block but that uses UZI's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No HiCaps that fit pistol variants - UZI pistols mean no UZI mag.

there are 223 AR variants, so no 223 mags.

BUT, the Colt 9mm is not made in a pistol

Richard

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Try sending an email to ar15.com member JoeBlack- he had played with one before and posted (a looong time ago) what he had found.  You might try searching the tacked threads, I think there was a little info on them up there.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the top drop version from Brownells for my M-16/9 project.  Machining looks nice and it fits my SP1 receiver well.  It drops in from the top and uses a tensioning roller in the front.  I much prefer this to pins because I don't want to damage the mag well in my transferable M-16.

IMI  25 round ribbed mags fit WAY to loose, but Colt SMG mags fit well.  I have tested it with the IMI 25 rounder and it jammed more than it fed (I'm NOT suprised considering just how much you could rock the mag around).  The Colt mags are nice and tight and feed well just cycling the action, but I haven't had a chance to test them yet as I just got them Monday (LEO Marked).
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My M169 from LRM came with a Hahn.  The block works great.  Once secured, there no chance of it falling out and it holds the bolt open after the last round.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top