Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2004 4:45:22 AM EDT
I just took out my RRA 9mm finally and I am getting a lot of failure to feed and some stove pipes.  I'm using factory Colt and a couple Uzi 25 rnd mags and get the problem with both.  It isn't constant but will happen periodically.  
I was using Federal Classic (LEO hollow-point) and was wondering if anyone else had problems with the hollow-point.  A few of the rounds were just ramming the feed ramp.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I think its generally pretty difficult to get hollow points to feed consistently. My 9mmAR won't feed them worth a crap. I'm sure you could mod the feed ramps if you wanted, but you run the risk of modding them so much nothing will feed reliably.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#2]
try ball first then check the extractor to see that the pin hasn't walked and it is sitting too far back...someone else will post additional info as this is a problem that happens a little (me included)....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had no issues with my ASA block, RRA-barreled 9mm feeding various weights of Fed Hydra-Shok.  It seems to consistantly choke on Speer GD.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think its generally pretty difficult to get hollow points to feed consistently. My 9mmAR won't feed them worth a crap. I'm sure you could mod the feed ramps if you wanted, but you run the risk of modding them so much nothing will feed reliably.

Jake

Run FMJ ammo until you get the kinks worked out. Some 9mm AR's need tweaking, here and there.

mark
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top