Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:47:02 PM EDT
Okay, I was playing around with the idea of an Uzi in 9mm, or a Storm, but then decided, the hell with it, I'm gonna build a 9mm AR-15 or a M4. The reason is basically adaptability. One lower, many possible uppers. Anyway, I came up with this:

Upper: $394.44 (ADCO)
Lower: $85 Stag Arms (AR15.com EE)
Parts kit:$52 (Model 1)
Stock (with buffer and spring): $42 (Model 1)
Colt 9mm Block:$116.67 (ADCO)
9mm Buffer: $23.33 (ADCO)
Total $714.44

Anybody know if that's about right? And could I do better by stalking the EE for parts, or would I just be wasting bandwith?

Thanks folks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats about right.  You might or might not need the 9mm buffer, but you do need a 9mm hammer unless your parts kit hammer is flat on the front face (no notch).

As far as prices, 9mm uppers don-t pop up in the EE that often, but when they do, they seem to run about $500, w/maglbock. I personally would go with Adco for new parts for almost the same price. YMMV.

Jake

ETA dont forget to add to your total the price of some UZI mags and having them notched.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top