Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 9:05:08 PM EDT
The new 2005 Gun Annual (Harris publication) at newsstands now has a good comparo article on DPMS, CZ, Kuehl .22 guns/uppers and a Ciener conversion. Author's best 50 yard groups with the DPMS were similar to my own. He got right around an inch at 50 with the Ciener in a 1:9 barrel, which I found a bit hard to believe based on my own testing with a conversion unit in a 1:9, but then again last weekend I shot some groups @ 25 with a conversion unit in a 1:12 barrel that I wouldn't have believed either unless I'd shot them myself, so who knows? Maybe his 1:9 barrel liked .22s better than mine does. The Kuehl produced the two smallest group averages at about a half-inch (@50) but also shot some surprisingly BIG groups with a couple kinds of ammo. The CZ shot quite well, too.

Interesting article and prolly worth the exhorbitant cost ($10) of the whole magazine if you're looking at .22 ARs and trying to make up your mind. Oh, no mention of the Bushmaster, of course--too new.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info.  (And for saving me $10!)

I'm leaning toward the Kuehl on my dedicated 22 upper project.  I already have most of the parts, just need to get the barrel.

eta:

Post 1000!!!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top