Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:09:02 PM EDT
I was originally planning a supressed upper but after hearing the local C2 mfr state the .45acp supressors werent as quiet as some of the others (low gas pressure and big hole)  I thought seriously about the 11.5/5.5 cut off setup.   I believe the 16" actually loses velocity as all the powder is long since burned at the end of that length.   I'm leaning towards cutting it down and adding the 5.5 FH, anyone done this?   Will I gain/lose velocity?   Anyone Chrono the difference?   Thanx.   My .45 Cav is down for now but she'll be back, and of course after Sept 14 I'll make her something special...  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I got the 11.5/5.5 setup on my .45ACP upper direct from Oly.  It's cool.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm getting 1180 fps with handloads out of a 10.25" Uzi pipe.

I used Win-540 and 230 LRN, the other was using 800X with same bullet.  I've got a bunch loaded with AA-#5, have never chrono'd them, but they "bump" similar to the others.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hmm, got a pic of that handy?  I assume that's the one that had madsen mags, is it a regular 5.5 FH or specific for .45?

Btw, you get the blocks?   crude but hopefully useable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Mr45auto, any word on your new lower?

What about SBRing it?

11.5 inches with an A2 type flash hider.

I can’t imagine the 45ACP ever being able to take advantage of any more barrel than that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm, got a pic of that handy?  I assume that's the one that had madsen mags, is it a regular 5.5 FH or specific for .45?

Btw, you get the blocks?   crude but hopefully useable.

Heh, yep got the blocks!  Thanks!

Will post some pics of the Oly .45 Upper soon--really busy week this week.

Caw!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top