Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 12:27:53 PM EDT
I forgot I had this..Found it again the other day.  I know they are not made anymore.  Did a net search but did not find very much information.  Anyone else have one of these.  Anyone know what they are selling for?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. They're pretty sweet. Average price these days seems to be around $300-$350 in good and working condition. I know of one recently that changed hands at about half that because it was missing a vital part (which the buyer just happened to know where he could get). Beware that broken firing pins seem to be fairly common with them, and firing pins are NOT available anywhere anymore. Magazines are scarce but CAN be found--a bit expensive when you do.

NOTHING on this gun directly exchanges with AR-15 except the sling. Not even bayonet or scope mounts. Not even furniture (without modification).

Mine's very accurate--will easily outshoot any OOB 10/22 ever made. Damn near match-grade.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the CAR 15 in 22 and the SP1 in 32acp. They are really nice shooters. The AP75 is a little smaller and uses the same mags. Snake's right about the accuracy...very nice barrels. They also made AK and Galil copies in 22lr & 22mag and the Famas in 22lr but they use different mags.

Here's a good website w/ alot of info (but it doesn't show all the models):
rockin' rimfires
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a nice one but it's designated AP-15 and shoots the .32 acp. It shoots nice but I've had a little trouble with the original magazine although it works just as good as the after-market one I bought. When I bought it with a broken extractor and was lucky to find a person that still had some spare parts but he is no longer available. This pop-gun makes one hell-of-a rat blaster!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought an AP 74 for my Wife back in 1980 unfortunately it was stolen when our house was robbed. We had a lot of fun with it. Sure wish I could find one again...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Posted in EE.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe it's identical to the Mitchell Arms 22 and takes the same parts.

Here is what I came up with on google for mags.  www.ammoclip.com/J/jager_ap-74.htm
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Had one for several years.  Fun guns but somewhat fragile.  Numrich has some parts but I don't know how many.  

I actually managed to wear mine out.  

Price?  Hard to say, very few come up on the market.  In good condition, with mags, I wouldn't go more than 250 to 300, BUT, I had one and know their quirks.  Someone not familiar with it may spend more.  They're actually a pretty rough piece of work.  But they've never been cheap.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
One sold on Gb for $200 last week
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
If you guys need more mags for your 32ACP guns, drop me an e-mail.  I have a few in inventory.

At one time, I had four pallets of spare parts for those guns in the Tromix shop.  Unfortunately, I don't think there are two guns out there built exactly the same, so all the shit had to be hand fit to each gun to get them working.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you guys need more mags for your 32ACP guns, drop me an e-mail.  I have a few in inventory.

At one time, I had four pallets of spare parts for those guns in the Tromix shop.  Unfortunately, I don't think there are two guns out there built exactly the same, so all the shit had to be hand fit to each gun to get them working.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

You don't happen to have any .22 firing pins, do you? How about the A2 type handguards? I got no problem with hand-fitting.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top