Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:41:25 PM EDT
I have a oly 9mm upper A2 style. I really want a flattop. I compared my 5.56 upper to my 9mm upper and they look to be the same. the only difference i saw was the holes for the ejector on the 9mm. Can I just get a regular flatop and drill the hole in the right place for the ejector. or is the 9mm upper a whole different animal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Have somebody or do it yourself the drilling of the hole and install ejector on new housing.

Machine shop with digital read-out on a mill could dial right up to same placement as the factory upper' hole.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Or just buy a pistol cal flat top from Oly and swap the parts out yourself. If you ask real nice they'll probably sell you one!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I am missing something here. What do you mean by ejector? I have an RRA 9mm flattop upper and the only difference (other than no forward assist or shell deflector) that I can see is the hole for the gas tube is missing. I have replaced the ejection port cover with one from a 5.56. I plan on having the gas tube hole drilled and using the upper for my next build.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Oly has a wire ejector that is inside your upper.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oly has a wire ejector that is inside your upper.

Ah so, thank you very much. I learn something every day
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top