Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:42:15 AM EDT
Anyone know the diameter of a Rock River 9mm barrel? Are the barrels tapered at all, or are they the same diameter all the way out to the muzzle?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm postban RRA barrels measure .718" diameter at muzzle, .750" at front sight, and .675" under handguard.

This info was given to me by another member maybe six or eight months ago.  Hope that helps!

Dawg
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. D

o the preban barrels have a different profile? If I do a 9mm AR, it will be after the AWB expires (hopefully) and I will surely one with all the goodies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know the preban and postban barrels are the same profile, just that the prebans have a threaded end on them.  They guy who took the measurements was using his postban barrel, but I am 99.9% sure they use the same barrels for pre and postban.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got a pre-ban 9mm RRA the other day...  I'll measure it tomorrow and post the details...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Pre-ban measurements are:
.975" right out of the barrel nut tapering down to
.675" for the majority of the portion under the hand guards, then grows to
.950" going into the front sight area, while underneath the front sight it is
.750" and holds that size until you get out from underneath the front sight and becomes
.720" from the front sight until the threading/flash hider/end of barrel...

Spooky
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top