Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:40:29 PM EDT
I was wondering if i would be over paying at 450 for the 11 1/2" 9mm upper from M&A. I ask this because i see where MFRS on a RRA 9mm upper is 450 but dealers sell them for about 390???? Would there be any way at all i might be able to save some money on the M&A upper since i really want a factory ready to go short barrelled upper for my SBR.(Dont want to have to wait for it to be chopped down and threaded and have to shell out even MORE money for that since 450 is about max im willing to spend)
THANKS!!!!
Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Get one from Adco for ~$390, have him cut it before he ships it for another $56, and there you go.  Shouldn't add more than a couple of days to do the barrel work.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
SWEETEST thing ive heard in a while here. THANKS. o man now this is gonna be tuff figuring outwhat length and FF or CAR. THANKS alot i will DEFINATELY be giving adco a call!!(sometimes i just dont think of simple things like that and need someone else to tell me)
THANKS,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If you get a complete upper, maybe have Steve drop-ship  the bolt over to "joeblack" for ramp cut on the bottom.  Joe is maybe 80 mile east of him, both are north of me. may add 2-3 extra day, then take delivery from each shop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm Glad you mentioned that cuz i had definately planned on having that done. Only thing is i need to know how much he charges for that.Plus one last question, im thinking of having him cut it down to colt smg spec(from a 16" pre-ban CAR upper to 10 1/2") unless that poses a problem with mounting a suppressor with the end cap butting up against the lug? If not then thats the lenth i want.
Thanks abunch,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
joeblack web site is here ----> Click me

You just tell him how long you want the barrel, what thread, and let him do the rest.

I have not met him yet, he sends me mail occassionally, and tells me next time I go to my sister', let him know so we can meet.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
... upper to 10 1/2") unless that poses a problem with mounting a suppressor with the end cap butting up against the lug?

If its a problem, you can always shave the lug later, it will be of no use on a 10.5" upper anyway.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top