Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2004 3:35:38 PM EDT
Hey Everyone

I have an A3 flat top and would like to put an EO Tech sight on it. I was woundering if the front post/sight obscures the picture if mounted directly on the flattop. I have seen several different ways of these things being mounted. Does it need a raiser to clear the front sight and be zeroed at 50 yards (9mm). If so how about the RRA tactical (I think UTL) handle with rear sights? Will that doe the trick. I would like to be able just to mount it directly to the flattop. Thanks for the input.

Tacmed
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The EOTech is designed to be mounted directly to the flat-top.  The front sight will be visible through it, but won't be a problem.  The reticle will just float around the post.  

The RRA tac handle would put the EOTech up way too high and the iron sights would be unusable.  It's only function is to mount an Aimpoint in the cheap ring that comes with it.  There are much better options out there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Mount straight on the flat top. Works perfect.
enjoy
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The EOTech is designed to be mounted directly to the flat-top.  The front sight will be visible through it, but won't be a problem.  The reticle will just float around the post.  

The RRA tac handle would put the EOTech up way too high and the iron sights would be unusable.  It's only function is to mount an Aimpoint in the cheap ring that comes with it.  There are much better options out there.

I concur.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just looking at MSTN's stuff in the Industry Forum and he has some Larue mounts for the EO Tech that puts it up above the sights...  Looks nice but is $100+

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The Larue doesnt really put it above the back up irons, but higher than normal so the BUIS is just on the bottom of the window. And the front sight isnt too obstructive in the Eotech's viewing window.

And $100 is way too damned much for that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got an Eo on my .45acp flattop.  It's just fine.   Easy to shoot accurately at distance with it and you'll love it.  Buy it and mount it right on the upper.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top