Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 12:23:22 PM EDT
Finally got to the range with mine.  The only modification is the installation of a JP single stage trigger and springs.  I was dissapointed, at first, since I was getting 2" groups at 50 yards.  After the first 50 rounds it started to settle down and by the time I had 100 rounds through it I was getting 3/4" 50 yd. groups with Winchester Dynapoints.  I then mounted an Ultradot with a 1" riser and consistantly got 5/8" groups and several under 1/2".  In 500 rounds fired I had only one malfunction.  A spent casing wedged itself between the top of the bolt and the underside of the top of the receiver.  Easily removed with the tip of a penknife.  This thing is a shooter!  

Got home and tore it down.  Not much powder residue for a blowback .22 after 500 rounds.  Had more on my S&W 41 after 50 rounds.+  Residue was easily brushed off with a stiff nylon brush (I had removed the factory lube and lubed it with FP-10 when I got it).  One pass with a bore snake (with the brush removed) and the bore was clean as a whistle.  Some fouling in the chamber remained but was easily removed with a nylon bore brush.

The only critisism I could offer would be the lack of a bolt hold open on the last round.  It shoots as well or better than a DPMS with free floated bull barreled .22 flat top I had but found to be too heavy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the first definite range accuracy report we've seen on this thing. Sounds like it will hold its own with a DPMS .22 upper! I'm sure many here will be happy to hear this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My pleasure, Snake45!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#4]
got a dpms bull upper and waiting to see who makes high cap mags first.  if bm makes em, i'm getting  theirs
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top