Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 1:23:53 PM EDT
Does anyone besides Oly sell complete Oly uppers? I know there are a few, like KKF, that will custom make them, but is that it? Why are they not as available as the Colt style?

Jake
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Dalphon modified Oly uppers for sale to the public...

Some folks want to use the regular mag release button and have the bolt held open on the last round.

I personally like super cheap, plentiful Sten-type mags...especially the 50 round Lanchester mags, which look really cool sticking out of a SBR's mag well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone besides Oly sell complete Oly uppers? I know there are a few, like KKF, that will custom make them, but is that it? Why are they not as available as the Colt style?
Jake

You can get Oly uppers from Stokes.  He has the best prices, and it's all Oly stuff.  I got two uppers from them and they are both awesome.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Del-ton is selling some on ebay for pretty cheap.  

Del-ton on ebay

Del-ton's conversions website
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#4]
is Stokes a user here? does he have a website, or should I just IM him.

Also, the uppers that del-ton is offering on ebay say they dont require a mag block...what's that about?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Stokes is here on AR15.com.  Just IM him, or his email is [email protected]

Also, the uppers that del-ton is offering on ebay say they dont require a mag block...what's that about?

As factory issued, the Oly system uses mags that have an intergal block on them, therefore no block is needed in the magwell.  The Oly-modified mags are expensive, ugly, and they only have reduced capacity for any caliber other than 9mm.

However, you can get a SOCOM block for the Oly 9mm system and use unmodified STEN mags, or you can go hog wild and re-invent the wheel like I did at THIS LINK HERE.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Both Socom MFG and Kurt's Kustom Firearms make a block for about $65 that use  sten mags. (check Tapco.com for cheap sten mags) A lot cheaper than a Colt/ASA/RRA block that sells for twice as much. But like was said before, you can't use the regular mag release.

Socom Sten block

KKF Sten block

If you really want to use the regular mag release, you can also find modified sten mags that don't require a block with the paddle release on the bottom.  They come up now and then on the EE board. I believe that Olyarms will modify a customer supplied sten mag for about $25.  I believe the mod uses screws so you can unmodify it to reuse in the original sten (as per AWB hi cap rules i think -sorry, but I'm not an expert)

If you want to have your sten mags modified,  I would buy a socom or kkf block and a bunch of sten mags.  Test them to find the best in the group.  Then sell off the block and send the mags in to be modified.  That way you know that you'll have good funtioning mags before you spend money to alter them.

tspike has some mags at a pretty good price, if they're still available.  modified sten mags

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stokes is here on AR15.com.  Just IM him, or his email is [email protected]

As factory issued, the Oly system uses mags that have an intergal block on them, therefore no block is needed in the magwell.  

Ah, yes, I know about the modified sten mags and whatnot.  I just took it to mean, that one wouldnt need a magwell block OR a block welded on the mag.  I'm up to speed now.

Thanks to you two guys for the info. I'll have to give Stokes a shout...

Jake
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top