Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 12:14:47 PM EDT
I am debating if I should get this done or not but would like to see what it actually looks like. I seen some pics but would like to see a closeup. I'm currently using a 9mm hammer but would like to be able to use a standard one. Thanks John
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Refer to the pics at [url]www.m60joe.com[/url] or [url]www.c3junkie.com[/url]--refer to the 9mm M16 article.  

You can also find the desired pics in the "AR 9mm FAQ" at the top of this page.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I was informed that you can just use a std AR hammer for the 9mm.
Just get a DPMS hammer.
Look for my thread on ramping it will show you the correct hammer.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://users.zoominternet.net/~subguns/After%20Bolt.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
If you notice the "side cuts" on the bolt in Joe's pic....This is another reason to get your bolt ramped....They're for Mag lip clearence and I've found these save a lot of headaches associated with out of spec/tweaked mags...Ditto on RunR'ers Recomendation on the modded M16 hammer................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[url]http://users.zoominternet.net/~subguns/After%20Bolt.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Nice job. It also looks like it gets very close to the firing pin like a standard AR carrier. Would I also be able to use a 2-stage trigger with this ramp or do I have to get one of the un-notched hammers as DrugRunR says. Thanks John
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Johnson,...I've tried the RRA 2 stage and had no luck...Word has it the deluged M16 hammer can be used with both Ramped/and unramped bolts,..I'm running the ramped bolt and M16 hammer and am running 100%...The RRA 2 stage has the same "profile" on the striking surface as the standard hammers....I haven't seen the Bushmaster 2 stage, so I cant comment...The Knights 2 stage is made for M16's/M4's so maybe they will work,I don't know....I simply used a set of "lightweight" springs and have no complaints.................UNDERDOG
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top