Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 4:10:00 AM EDT
Does anyone sell the parts to assemble a civilian version of the La France M16K?  The idea of a 45 ACP AR intriques me (I'm a huge 1911 fan).  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

M590 Man
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to use one of Tim LaFrance's 45 receivers as the mag well is .100" wider to accomodate the Thompson 45 mags that are used.  I do not believe he sells parts only, just completed guns.

Here is Tim's Website:

http://www.lafrancespecialties.com/

Darin

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#2]
M590man,

You can do a search on the internet for a company called NAIT.  The have had Tim LaFrance build them a semi-auto M16K in 45ACP.  Sorry, I can't find the link or it has been taken off.  If my memory serves me right, they were asking $2300 for the complete rifle.  Call them and see if you can get parts.

1/4moa
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top