Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2003 10:21:08 AM EDT
I was really interested in the block but did not want to modify it.  Here is my feedback from John.

The revised version of the adapter is scheduled for sometime in the first quarter of 2004.

If you'd like to wait, please check back with me at the end of January, otherwise please send  a check or money order to VM HY-TECH, LLC at 2701 West Grovers Ave., Suite 100A, Phoenix AZ 85053.  Tel: 602-944-3956.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The only real repair that is needed is to open the well that is cut in the block... BIG DEAL... it is smaller in dimension than the factory IMI well on the UZI, I know, I have an IMI Uzi "B" model.

Hy-tech cut the well to accept the military mags, the ones with the seam on the rear. The flat rear mags (IMI) for commercial consumption are same depth externally as the seamed military, but the rears corners are farther back, so a couple minutes with a rat tail file takes care of that problem, along with a few swipes with a flat mill file to clean up the walls of the tool marks that create drag on mag body when inserting (flat IMI mags).

Best of all is the it uses plain old everyday Uzi mags....the mag is held in the block exactly where it belongs, and the block sets in the lower exactly where it belongs--- [green]PLUG and PLAY[/green] here.  Mag button was my idea, as the pad is fairly flush with the block... why do you think all the 1911 shooters have extended mag release buttons?

John had called me a week after I got mine, and we talked a little-- he said he has been following our input as to likes/dis-likes, and he said he is going to address the mag release issue, possibly by re-design of the part (leave material on to raise the pad?) and my guess is he will just change/edit the CNC program to cut the well on the block a little larger.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's their website:
[url]http://www.vmhytech.com/[/url]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top