Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 4:03:21 PM EDT
I finally got my lower in and put it all together.
I had the Bolt Ramped (JOEBLACK).
I didn't tell him that I was gonna use a 9mm hammer.
I was getting it ramped to save the wear and tear on my lower, not to use a 223 hammer.

I found out tonight that a semi 9mm (RRA to be exact) will not work when the bolt is ramped.

When the whole thing is together with the 9mm hammer, you can not charge the weapon.
The bolt will not push the hammer back.
I installed the 223 hammer out of my other AR and it worked just fine.
I located a pic of a SEMI 9mm hammer and compared it to mine. It is the same.

I would still ramp the bolt if I had to do it again, but I wouldn't of gotten a 9mm hammer.

FYI- a F/A 9mm hammer is the same has a m16 hammer and it will work when the bolt is ramped or so I was told.

CHARLES
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll take that 9mm hammer off your hands if you don't want it.  (I had to reply here instead of IM'ing or e-mailing you because the stupid website is not working right.  Sorry.)

Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:37:28 AM EDT
[#2]
already traded and it is in the mail. Really... Dropped it off this morning.
:-)
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top