Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2003 7:58:07 PM EDT
Help,

I have wanted to do 9MM AR build for some time and finally decided to get off my a** and start this project.  The good part(I think)is that I have complete Bushy lower.  Which upper should I use?  Which mag block is the best choice?  What magazine is the most functional?

Thanks,
Adrian
[email protected]      
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
what system do you want to use? Colt or Oly?  what type of mags do you want to use?  Colt, sten, uzi, suomi or other?  
Since you are asking a general question let me recommend that you read all of the threads in this forum and use the search button to search for this very topic here in the AR15 section of this site.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with a RRA upper
It is based on the COLT system.
You will need a 9mm hammer(unless you get the bolt ramped) and 9mm buffer.

You can get a upper for under $400.

As far as mags and adaptors, I beleive that most people use UZI mags.
There are 2 types of adaptors people use.
(1) Hytech - no mods to mags- UZI only
(2) ASA or Garrison - Colt mags or modified Uzi

You can answer ALL of your questions by reading the 2 stickys at the top of this forum.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I found complete Colt 9MM upper and was going to pick up HY-TECH mag block because of the ability to use stock UZI mag until I read about the fitting required and raised mag button mod needed. How does everyone rate the following alternatives with the Colt upper?

ASA
Garrison
Hahn
RRA  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I found complete Colt 9MM upper and was going to pick up HY-TECH mag block because of the ability to use stock UZI mag until I read about the fitting required and raised mag button mod needed. How does everyone rate the following alternatives with the Colt upper?

ASA
Garrison
Hahn
RRA  
View Quote
You are going to have to notch the uzi mags to work with those blocks.  Thats running around $8 a mag to notch.  Is it worth it for you?  Also it appeares Hy-Tech is modifying their design on the block around the end of January.   CAn you wait til then or do you wish to perform the modifications to the block yourself?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top