Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/18/2003 10:03:30 AM EDT
I'm running it on my M16A1 and would like it to 'rattle' a bit more :)  Any thoughts on modifications?  The barrel will be shortened soon and a full-length handguard added along with a collapsible stock.

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
you would have to make some kind of extention to trip the sear/ release the hammer.  that shouldn't be that hard, just some accurate measuring  with a little fabrication.  the problem comes with bolt bounce on closed bolt Full Auto .22lr .  the only reliable unit out there is the Ceiner kit.  if you don't control the bolt bounce they can fire out of battery, and throw hot gases and shell fragments in your face.  it can be done, though.  i would have gone with Kuehl Precision or Fulton Armory instead if you wanted an M16 22lr dedicated upper(they are based on the Ceiner m16 22lr conversion kit).    
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I bought this one because it was cheap and I didn't really think I'd use it that much.  Now I use it alot!  I have access to a machine shop so if a bolt modification will get me there I can try it for free.  I'll compare bolts between the CZ and M16 and see if I can weld an extension on easily.  I'll take measurements from the front pivot pin hole to get the extension length right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It may take more mass than the CZ bolt has to trip the autosear.  

Ciener makes a .22LR conversion for standard receivere and they make a separate AUTO-capable version.  Comparing the standard and AUTO Ciener designs should be your first step.  It may be nothing more than a tab or small piece of metal.  Or is may be much more.  Ciener has done the work, you may as well use if for clues.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking for a ceiner M16 kit, it seems that the only difference between an M16 and AR15 kit is 2 bolt on parts, a sear trip and an anti-bounce weight.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top