Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 11:57:19 AM EDT
Just wanted to say that JOEBLACK does some great work.
Sent my bolt off on monday and got it back on Friday.  2 days travel time via UPS.

Thank JB

CHARLES
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#1]
How does it work ?
Shot it yet ?

I may be sending mine to him as well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I am able to use my 223 hammer without any probs.

I am awaiting my 9mm buffer to show up before I can really blast it. With my 223 setup I am suffering bolt bounce.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if a JARD hammer will work without ramping the bolt?
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont belive any hammers will work(except the 9mm hammer of course)without ramping
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ramped vs non ramped picture

[img]http://users.zoominternet.net/~picplace/sidebyside9mmbolt.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI,

I received my 9mm RRA upper today and lo and behold it works without ramping with my JARD AR trigger.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#7]
That is great.

BUT

Ramping a bolt is not just done to allow the use of a NON-9MM hammer.
Once your bolt is RAMPED you CAN NOT use a 9MM hammer. Or I should say, I could not use my 9MM RRA hammer, but I could use my 15 year old PWA 223 hammer with no probs.

Ramping is done primarily to ease the wear and tear of the lower receiver and hammer pins.
On a NON-Ramped bolt the hammer is cocked in a space of 1/2 inch or less.  This is VERY forceful and will eventually cause the hammer pin holes to elongate. Once this happens you have to send the receiver off to the manufacture to get repaired.  Just hope it is not PREBAN or a RR.  
Another reason to have your bolt ramped is that your rate of fire will increase.

The bottom line is personal preference. Yes you will be fine without bolt ramping.  Most you US will not shoot enough to damage a receiver since we will be shooting SEMI not full.

I don't know what the future will bring me.
I want to leave all options open.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top